Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2017 7:23:47 PM EDT
So I have been looking at radios this week and stuck between the Sangean CL-100  and the Midland WR-300. The midland has way more reviews and online presence but sounds like not always as good of a signal as the Sangean. Let's keep the discussion to either desk top units, or the best of those and portable bag size units please. Not comparing them against each other as both have benefits. Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 7:49:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I have 2 of the Midland units.  I live in southwest Ohio and have never experienced reception issues.  My son uses the other Midland in a much more rural setting and has experienced no issues.

SAME function is excellent.  Order from Amazon and if you experience reception issues, simply return it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 8:22:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I've used the WR300 in my bedroom for years now. It's been flawless for me. Woke me up in the middle of the night a couple years ago with a Tornado warning before the outside sirens went off and gave me a headstart for the spot under the stairs. Setup the SAME codes for what's important to you and you'll never hear a peep out of it unless it's important to you. The battery backup is nice, while not really a portable it is real easy to grab and go on the way to the safe room. I keep an HT powered off but tuned to my local weather spotter group repeater right next to the WR300 as well. That's the best combo for me. WR300 wakes me up and listening to the HT gets me most up to date info.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 8:22:50 PM EDT
[#3]
you said not to compare, but...I live about 60miles from the NOAA transmitter and my Midland 300 gets good signals... my Reecom provides an audio description if the alert, while the Midland displays it on the screen... I prefer the Reecom
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 11:36:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I like my Midland, no issues so far.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top