Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 149
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 11:06:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Three more cases of #10 cans freeze dried food ordered.   Gonna keep buying the package deals as I find them.  Already bought a straight case of turkey tetrazzini last week.  Good stuff if you haven't had it!
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 9:14:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a new LMT MRP barrel so that I won't have an MRP chassis sitting around without a barrel. I'm selling the 14.5" one that I did have in it.

I'm getting laid off, probably not for another 2+ months though. Money was being saved for a new (1-2 yrs old) Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, as my car is now 10 yrs old and should be sold asap. I put a big pause on buying guns, ammo, outdoor toys, etc. to have the money to buy the Jeep almost outright. That money is now staying in the bank until the layoff, plus whatever I can save in the meantime. This is a 'no notification' type thing at work, where they know when and how many will be gone, but won't tell us until the day it happens. Scum... Riding it out until it ends, knowing it's unlikely I'll make it through the layoffs there. Then I'll take a break from that job title and try to hop on some OCONUS security contracting for a year, see how that goes.

So I can't really prep in my normal way. I'll be fine of course, but no idea where I'll be come winter. Won't sell any go-to guns or get-home gear, unless it's been replaced and isn't being used and isn't that suitable of a backup or anything else. Must keep faith in the cause.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 10:41:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Ordered a food dehydrator.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 3:55:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Added another 300 Gallons  of water storage ( using my house rain gutters as the fill source )  So I am just shy of 1000Gallons of general use water  stored around the exterior of my  house.  

I have a few 5 and 7 gallon hand portable water containers  for camping etc    and I have plenty of bottled water but wanted a way to store a large volume of water if needed. Added a  Roto-Mold 165 Gallon Horizontal Leg Tank as a potable water tank that will be stored in the garage- picked up two large furniture dollies ( they say good for 1k pounds each )  at Harbor Freight to make it easier to move around the garage as needed.  It is a clear tank  so will kept empty unless needed  then will be filled from my house tap with city water  filled it should be around @377#s .
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 12:04:46 AM EDT
[#5]
This is my first time replying to this particular thread... So here goes.

I've committed myself to increase the amount of time I spend training and doing PT as well as reading on a variety of subject matters.

In the past few months I have read:

- Deadly Force by Massad Ayoob
- Combat Shooting by Massad Ayoob
- Defend Yourself by Rob Pincus
- The Little Black Book of Violence by Lawrence Kane and Kris Wilder
- The Big Bloody Book of Violence by the same authors above
- Sentinel by Pat McNamara

Been on an Ayoob kick lately and have watched every video I can find online. Lots of old school stuff on youtube.

As of recent, I've been adding more to my medical supplies in the way of autoclaves, 4" and 6" Israeli bandages with some extras for trainers, compressed gauze, Coban and some other misc. items. With violent attacks becoming more prevalent, I've increased the amount of supplies I keep on hand at home and in each vehicle. My family and I spend time learning and practicing how to pack wounds, how to apply different dressings (cinch-tight, Isreali, and old USGI battle dressings) as well as how and when to apply a variety of tourniquets.

As well, got some good deals on some Mechanix 4x gloves, Ares Armor GP pouch, and a sheath for my Cold Steel Spetsnaz shovel.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 5:45:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Based on recent events/violence by crazy leftist and with increased tensions with North Korea, Russia, China, Iran, Muslim extremists at an all time high, I've felt this sense of urgency to step up my preps/Disaster Preparedness Plan.

One of the weakest areas of my Disaster Preparedness Plan has been the First Aid portion of the plan so for the past several weeks I have been trying to address this via the following.

1. I've been participating in as much continuation/refresher first aid training as I can.

2. I've been upgrading my first aid kits with focus on supplies, availability, mobility, and manageability (see below).

Stationary First Aid Plan (Home)
This is my Home First Aid system. Its pretty difficult to keep track of everything so I'll be using an inventory system for medications only and a bin system to manage everything else.

Mobile First Aid Plan (Vehicles & on Foot)
This was my old Truck First Aid system and will now be used for ATV outings. It can also be used in Search & Rescue operations via ATV. I'll be using an inventory system to manage this kit.

Attachment Attached File

This is my new Truck First Aid kit. Its designed for range, camping, and other outdoor events. It can also be used in car accidents and active shooter situations. I'll be using an inventory system to manage this kit.

Meret OMNI PROBLS/ALS Total System (Black)

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/20/2017 5:55:06 PM EDT
[#7]
This is my new Neighborhood First Aid Kit. It will be used for neighborhood events, e.g., block parties, etc. It can also be used for neighborhood disasters, e.g., earthquakes, etc. I'll be using an inventory system to manage this kit.

Meret OMNI PROBLS/ALS Total System (Blue)

Attachment Attached File

Even though I still have a long way to go with my First Aid Plan, at least now I don't feel completely inadequate when it comes to first aid preparedness.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 6:22:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought two sets of the door armor, to upgrade my front and back doors to resist kicking. they are supposed to work well. been meaning to do it for a while.

this is what I bought.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U5S8KRC?tag=vglnk-c102-20
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 6:33:51 AM EDT
[#9]
My Moss 590A1 is all broken and shit. Follower sticks. So ordering a Brownells one, which is said to have much more play in the tube.

Might be a prep type part swap if you have currently troubles like mine or not. Think... if the tube gets even a little bent or dinged, even if you can bend it all nice back, odds are the factory steel follower is still too tight to work.

May have to order a new mag tube in future regardless.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 4:49:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 10:32:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Midway had a sale with free shipping on orders over $100.
Several boxes of assorted 22LR, daughter wants to start shooting handguns.
Case of S&B 12ga. OO
New Sling
MTM stackables.
http://www.mtmcase-gard.com/products/shooting/4-can-ammo-crate.php
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 7:32:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Built two 'cloverleaf' bluegill traps for the BOL.  Tested them last night and they work great!

Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:21:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Picked up a Ruger SR22 with threaded barrel last week and started using it to teach my 13 year old daughter to shoot pistol. She's taking to it really well and is trying to claim it as her own.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 7:39:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Picked up a Ruger SR22 with threaded barrel last week and started using it to teach my 13 year old daughter to shoot pistol. She's taking to it really well and is trying to claim it as her own.
View Quote
Lol, smart girl!
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 8:37:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Lol, smart girl!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol, smart girl!
I also let her shoot my 1915 - 1917 Mauser C96 Broomhandle with the stock, and she's trying to claim that one, too. Not happening. :)

I might give her my Colt 6520, though.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 8:37:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Amazon Prime Day is today...

Bought the Mountain House 14 day supply... was $244 originally, 25% off gets it to $183, then Mountain House's $50 rebate takes it down to $133.

Got some #10 cans for 25% off, too.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 3:30:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Bought the Mountain House 14 day supply... was $244 originally, 25% off gets it to $183, then Mountain House's $50 rebate takes it down to $133.

View Quote
Where is the rebate?
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 6:32:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Where is the rebate?
View Quote
It was on the Mountain House website, really easy to find.  Now they've hidden it, and you have to google "mountain house $50 rebate".

Link
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 7:54:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks.  I looked all over for it with no success.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 12:24:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thanks for the heads up, bought some #10s today.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 7:53:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Bought a 2015 Jeep Cherokee. Has the V6 and tow package. This gets me out from under my sedan.

Hauls a little more gear/people. Can even have a trunk monkey now without foing Full 'DC Sniper.' Can tow up to like 5k lb now! Car was a more modern sports car, had a V8 and 312hp but no hitch.

Dark green hides better too.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 4:04:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Bought a 2015 Jeep Cherokee. Has the V6 and tow package. This gets me out from under my sedan.

Hauls a little more gear/people. Can even have a trunk monkey now without foing Full 'DC Sniper.' Can tow up to like 5k lb now! Car was a more modern sports car, had a V8 and 312hp but no hitch.

Dark green hides better too.
View Quote
No pic?
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 3:16:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Got about 15 miles in on my bicycle for exercise.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:39:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Have not been on in quite a while. So first prep was logging in! I'm down 47 lbs and still losing. Ordered 200 primed brass and bullets for the boys .243. Bought two cases mountain house pouches. Been shooting the 6.5 a lot lately I ordered 8 more boxes on ammo for it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 4:59:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Finally completed one (planned to build 3) of my IFAKs today. This kit was designed to go in a pack or attach to my chest rig/GHB. It took me awhile to decide on what pouch to use and what to put in it (see below).

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 11:41:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
No pic?
View Quote
Ya... my last method to uploading pics to show here is Armslist, and I doubt they'll leave a post for a Jeep up. Lol.

I can't get Flickr to work here, and Photobucket has basically shit the bed.

It's at a body shop now. Had it for four days, already bad deer strike. Deer hit me in the side just in front of front wheel, then continued to F up everything on that side back to the front door.

Has to be a couple thousand in damage. So already at $500 deductible plus another $200 in copay for the rental. A Dodge Journey

FML. Haha
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 9:53:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Realizing that our house is much too small and trying to declutter to make room for more preps.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 2:02:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Book my Lasik appointment for the end of the month. Related to that I ordered some new ballistic eyeware from WileyX.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 11:46:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Joined a Gym and started working with a trainer to build some strength and drop some fat.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 7:59:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Ordered AR spare parts - rings, spring kits, firing pins, LPK's.  Ordered some nicer grips and a classic Surefire 6P LED light and mount.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:42:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Topped off my canned goods, which I had let slide a bit.  Refilled two gas cans that had been rotated.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 12:13:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Joined a Gym and started working with a trainer to build some strength and drop some fat.
View Quote
I did the same thing at the end of February.  I've dropped 16lbs, took two inches off my waist and my doctor took my off my blood pressure meds.  I'm almost 47 and feel like I did when I was 27.  This is the best prep stuff I could do.  It preps me for living!
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 7:34:28 PM EDT
[#33]

Finally got the SCAR17 sighted in and I DEFINITELY need a Super SCAR trigger.

I also found that the fully loaded, 8 20 rd SCAR mags, Olongapo mag bag is way too heavy

I'll prolly carry four in it and fill the empty pouches w/Ifak, flash light, h20, etc
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:52:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Traded off several pistols that were gathering dust in my safe and picked up a Kel-Tec RDB last night. Depending on reliability, it might be a prep, or might just be a range toy. Loving the ergonomics of it so far, though.

The OAL is only 27.3" with a 17.3" barrel and it weighs 6.7 lbs. unloaded. It's super compact and ambidextrous, and those who own them say they make excellent suppressor hosts. So, we'll see.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 7:33:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 1:22:25 PM EDT
[#36]
I have been working on expanding my parking area all summer. part of that was moving about 60 bucket loads of dirt with my tractor. I moved it about 100 yards uphill from the house, and filled in a small gulley. I also pushed the woods back as well.. when I got done I had created a approx. 30'x100' level area for us.. which we used to place the pool, and the rest will be for a garden next spring. I'm planning to build above ground boxes for our garden.  going to use cross ties, and make them approx. 8'long x 36"w x 18" deep.... going to line the crossties with heavy black plastic..   I want to use cross ties because they last about forever, and are super tough.. and usually pretty cheap.  going to plant tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and other odds and ends. maybe even a small green house down the road, so we can start seeds early, and get our plants dirt cheap. vs buying plants each spring.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:28:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Getting out of debt and also picked up a B&T APC9 to replace my scorpion that I hated.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 12:06:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Maintaining my dry fire practice. Rotated and added additional fresh water storage. Continuing teaching my wife and kids first aid techniques.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 10:36:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Book my Lasik appointment for the end of the month. Related to that I ordered some new ballistic eyeware from WileyX.
View Quote
Update on this; had the operation yesterday, 20/20 vision today.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 10:49:42 AM EDT
[#40]
That is awesome!  Happy for you.  I need to get it done as well.  What did it cost you?
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 12:36:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
That is awesome!  Happy for you.  I need to get it done as well.  What did it cost you?
View Quote
Almost 2800 USD.

Bought some more books today as well. Main one being The Survival Medicine Handbook.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 1:06:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Weighed myself this morning and came in at 175 lbs!!!

I'm 30 years old, 5'10" with mesomorphic body type. For the past few years I've tended to linger more in the 190s and low 200s. This is most likely due to desk job + family of 2 going to family of 4 in less than 2 years + poor/convenient diet. My wife and I decided to make some changes before possibly trying for one last baby (#3) in a couple years. She desperately wanted to lose some weight but has a difficult time staying motivated and disciplined. I told her that I would adopt her meal plan and do all her workouts with her. I have a bulletproof for breakfast and we meal prep all the lunches (seared chicken breast and 2 vegetables), dinner is chicken again and a banana, kale, almond butter, almond milk smoothie.

She picked Debbie Siebers Slim n 6 as our workout. I was hesitant at first, but shoot, if that's not a solid, sweat puddling, burning workout. We have 3.5 more weeks and I'm already at my target weight. I might drop below 170 before it's over. I feel great. When we're done with Slim N 6 we're taking a week off and jumping straight into P90X again.

If I could request prayers for the wife as she hasn't seen quite as dramatic results as I have. I have no doubt she's working just as hard as I am, but she does not have a mesomorphic body type and she's still pumping for our 8 month old and there are just a lot of factors as to why she can't lose weight as fast. I just hope I can continue to encourage her not to give up. It would be very difficult to put all this effort into something for minimal results.

TLDR: I lost 15 pounds in 2.5 weeks doing girly workouts.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 9:35:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Bought 40 gallons of gas .

That's enough for both of us for a month if we only go to work and shopping. 

Prep for fuel shortage ...  it will replace what I have stored.

Hope there isn't a fuel shortage , but you never know.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 5:49:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Hitting the range occassionally. Not as much as I should. Now more of a night shifter than ever though.

Last AR rifle squared away.

Still have AK's not squared away. But not worth the money sadly. Range toys and last ditch spares. Have considered selling lately.

Should be paying the new Jeep off at the end of this month.

Rotating my Get Home 10gal of gas through Jeep. It's from several months ago. 91 octane no-ethanol stuff, so should be more than fine and still 89+ octane.

Ammo and gun buying is far on the back burner because of the Jeep loan.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 10:50:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Bought 500rds of Federal AE 115gr 9mm. SHOULD be only 12 cents per round after the mail in rebate.

And here I thought I was done buying ammo until the Jeep was paid off...
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 7:53:38 PM EDT
[#46]
I noticed a few months ago my Wal-Mart started having .22 in stock regularly. It's been years since I've seen it. And the bulk packs are .04 cpr so I've been stocking up. Added over 4000 rounds the last couple months.

Also picked up a Marlin 60 from the Wal-Mart for 155$
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 8:44:20 PM EDT
[#47]
More generators and .22
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:20:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Got this today at Costco for my home medical system. It will be used to power medical equipment (e.g., CPAP machine, blood pressure monitor, etc) during power outages.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:10:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Paid off the oldest car in my fleet of 2 cars 6 months early.  Got the title yesterday.  only 60,000 miles on it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 9:45:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Went to a church bazaar on Saturday. Picked up a Wilson tennis racquet bag for $1. I plan to make it a covert carry bag for my AR15 pistol similar to the one made by Blackhawk.
Page / 149
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top