Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/14/2010 7:26:43 AM EDT
Go this is an e-mail and though I would pass it along.

http://www.ksl.com/public/deal/lastchancedeal?link=open
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:58:17 AM EDT
Anyone know if these will stack worth a shit? Good idea on the square shape, just don't know how well (or how high) they would stack before they got all wobbly
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:16:10 AM EDT
Originally Posted By JoeRedman:
Anyone know if these will stack worth a shit? Good idea on the square shape, just don't know how well (or how high) they would stack before they got all wobbly

I think if you filled to capacity and stacked them, you would eventually have a failure around the threads on the container. 8 gallon capacity, would for example, hold roughly 60 lbs of rice. Any kind of heat at all would make them vulnerable. Might help to lay a piece of wood across the tops to distribute the weight. It all depends on how rigid the plastic is.
For me, the price is still a bit high. Get it down to about $15...
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:12:58 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:17:15 AM EDT
LCI MWCs are cheaper and stack just fine. Besides holding water they make excellent storage vessels for rice, sugar, pasta, etc.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:13:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By thedave1164:
Check at your pet superstores, they have these for pet foods.

but then you couldnt charge more....
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:20:55 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TaylorWSO:
LCI MWCs are cheaper and stack just fine. Besides holding water they make excellent storage vessels for rice, sugar, pasta, etc.

Mental note: Save this idea.....................
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:20:36 PM EDT
These look pretty nice. If I didn't already have a ton of shit stored in 5 gal buckets with Gamma lids already I'd probably be more interested, though the price is steep. Not too steep, though... But for now I'm set on the foods that would go in these. If I was just starting out it'd be a different story.

If I decide to add any more to the LTS dry goods then I wil look into these, especially if they're stackable.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:24:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By protus:

Originally Posted By thedave1164:
Check at your pet superstores, they have these for pet foods.

but then you couldnt charge more....

Oh they still charge plenty for the pet food container version. I keep birdseed in one, it's pretty sturdy, but I wouldn't stack it more than 3 or maybe 4 high.

Top Top