Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2010 12:58:26 PM EDT
Has any one tried the Berkey filters.  I was looking at the travel model for hunting and SHTF purposes.  Are they good kit, do they last?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:22:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I have heard many good things about berkeley filters.  they are advertised to filter A LOT of water before the actual filter needs replaced.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:00:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a "Big Berkey" after working the east coast coupla years ago. I was flush with cash
I think you can do up to 6 filters, extends the life. I had to go look.......
I also bought 2 flouride filters and a shower flouride filter.
2 black Berkey water filters go in the upper tank, 2 flouride filters screw on the bottom of those in the lower tank.
Slow as hell. Takes prolly 4 hours or more to do a full tank 3 or 4 gallons? Not sure. Bought one of the big ones.
They had a special coupla weeks ago for 2 free sport berkey bottles. I think those would be good for camping and such.
I really like it. Some large cities I work near the water is so foul I wonder if the money is worth the filth we deal with in some areas........
Some companies supply us with bottled water. This isn't much better, most brands are just filtered city water, not filtering the flouride.
I usually carry a quart or so of my own filtered water. Might be part of the reason why I'm so much healthier than most my age.
Spent a month visiting my Grandfather in Northern Michigan on the way back to Missouri.
Talked him into getting one. He loved it. No more stinky water. He's a health nut, big on herbal stuff as long as it's from Dr. Schultz.........
He's 93 now, still sharp as a tack.

Big Berkey with the extras and shipping was about $250.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top