Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2010 6:32:40 AM EDT
Usually this time of year people are getting their last years fashion clothing for winter out and buy new stuff with all the sales starting (yeah, lots of stores have winter clothing out already), at this one Goodwill store I stop into a college aged female was complaining that there wasn't any wool socks out yet and complaining to anyone who would listen 'I'll be dammed to pay $10 for a pair from Cabella's", a older lady said, "honey, just go over to the childrens rack and buy the merino wool sweaters, cut off the arms, sew the openings closed and you've got wool socks".  

The girl looked at her as if she was totally crazy, but then the couple who were near her said, "Thanks for the great idea." and went over to the childrens area. I went over to the section also to take a look.  Let's see, sure they won't have the form fitting and comfy-ness (yeah, I know it's not a word) of commercially made socks, but in a pinch it seems to have good merit in working.  One could always reinforce the heel with a second piece of material.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:48:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Good Idea, and will work in a pinch but I dont think it would be sturdy enough for boot use.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:01:13 AM EDT
[#2]
That just sounds like way too much work

My local Sam's club sell knock-off Smartwools; 3 pair for like $12
Speed
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:01:35 AM EDT
[#3]
around the house it would rock....good idea...
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:05:27 AM EDT
[#4]
yeah, I know it's not an original thought but I found it funny this older lady saying it as a matter of fact statement.  

I'll have to check out Sam's if I can find someone who still belongs to it - seems as if everyone I know has switched to Costco.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:11:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

yeah, I know it's not an original thought but I found it funny this older lady saying it as a matter of fact statement.  

I'll have to check out Sam's if I can find someone who still belongs to it - seems as if everyone I know has switched to Costco.

Look for these if you go:

Omni Wool Hikers.

http://reviews.samsclub.com/1337/379388/reviews.htm
Speed

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top