Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2010 6:45:03 PM EDT
Been using several of the blue water cans (walmart) but looking for something a little sturdier.  Like the GI cans but  would like some reasonable (under $25.00) sources.  Any help?  Larry
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:50:29 PM EDT
[#1]
These are the 5 gallon plastic jerry cans for $18.99 with free shipping.
Go to www.buylci.com
Click on "Shop Now"
Search "Water cans"
There is a $50 minimum order, so buy 3 or more for free shipping.

This is THE BEST deal, you will ever find on water cans.  These cans are BRAND NEW.

I personally bought 20 cans.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:42:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Agree with getting the cans from LCI.

However, I left the UPS shipping sticker on each can, as they [the cans] are emblazoned with

U.S. GOVERNMENT PROPERTY
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:06:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks fellas.  Submitted an order a few minutes ago.  Take care.  Larry
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:05:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I use the LCI cans too but for larger bulk water storage I also bought and use eight 15-gal HDPE closed top drums.  Mine were used to hole Dr Pepper soda syrup and with a little washing the insides of the drums came out spotless and these are as big and heavy as I want to carry when full of watter (I think they weight about 110 pounds or so when full) but these drums can sometimes be found quite cheap if you watch for them.

Here are some pics:
http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=10&f=18&t=627218

I do like the 20L USGI cans (5-gal) and I have about nine of them too and they are far easier pour and use.  I just also like having a larger supply of water too and that is why I keep both with my preps but also the reason I don't need to worry about water in a crisis anymore
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top