Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2010 5:18:01 AM EDT
Just got the e-mail today, Red Feather Cheese on sale for 40% off if you buy two or more cases from the MRE Depot (mredepot.com).  Promo code is 2CHEESE40%.

Just thought I'd share it with the hive.  I like this stuff, more like real cheese than any other I've tried in both taste and texture.  They've been out of it for nine months!!

stasiman

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 5:57:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 6:27:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I have had it before.  It is pretty good.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 7:21:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks , Ordering now.  been waiting on that to come in.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 9:48:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Promo code not valid or expired

FUXXOR!
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 10:02:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 11:08:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

FUXXOR!

It's a 2 case minimum... 150 bucks ( for two cases ) plus shipping

Promotion Code is 2CHEESE40%

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 12:23:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered two as well, and it has already shipped!!!  Now, all we need is another nice little deal on the Yoder's canned bacon, and it will be just like Christmas in August!!

stasiman
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 5:31:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I ordered two as well, and it has already shipped!!!  Now, all we need is another nice little deal on the Yoder's canned bacon, and it will be just like Christmas in August!!

stasiman

FLUWIKIE worked for me two weeks ago for the bacon.

I just tried it on the red feather cheese and it took the price down from 124.95 to 98.71 per case.

HTH somebody.

Link Posted: 8/27/2010 9:01:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Stasiman, I've been saving up to buy a case of this stuff anyway.  Now I got two cases for just a few bucks more.

I bought a single can from another source last year, the boy and I tried it out during our summer camping trip to Colorado.  It tastes great.  Highly recommend this stuff, especially at this price.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 10:26:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

FUXXOR!

It's a 2 case minimum... 150 bucks ( for two cases ) plus shipping

Promotion Code is 2CHEESE40%

Woo Hoo!  Ya... I tried to buy one case... just went and ordered 2 and it worked.  Sure hope this stuff is good... cause Im now one dude with a whole freakin LOT of cheese!
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 10:44:28 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd pay Cyros to take my canned cheese back.  I'm a cheese lover but that stuff was nasty.  Tasted like a combo of window caulk and Cheese Whiz.  I'll give it to a hungry family passing by during SHTF.  Or use it to patch bullet holes in my house when they come back for giving them that nasty shit to begin with.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 5:02:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'd pay Cyros to take my canned cheese back.  I'm a cheese lover but that stuff was nasty.  Tasted like a combo of window caulk and Cheese Whiz.  I'll give it to a hungry family passing by during SHTF.  Or use it to patch bullet holes in my house when they come back for giving them that nasty shit to begin with.

How much ya got?  I'll pay shipping to get it off your hands....
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 5:21:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I just tried to order and the promo 2CHEESE40% did not work for me. No soup cheese for you me.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 4:11:57 AM EDT
[#14]
I've got one case and never tried it.  Cheese lover here too. I'm not expecting to enjoy this with some fresh fruit and wine, but  figured it would stretch the macaroni a bit.  Anyone else have an opinion on this product?
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 4:24:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Sub-Total $149.94
Discount ($0.00)
Shipping: UPS Ground $29.32
Include $0.00 optional insuranceInsurance $0.00
Sales Tax $0.00
Store Credit ($0.00)
Total Due:
Total Savings:
$179.26
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 8:07:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Is this the stuff that'll give ya the burning squirts something fierce?  
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 9:31:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I just tried to order and the promo 2CHEESE40% did not work for me. No soup cheese for you me.

Could have missed the boat, got an e-mail on Saturday stating that they were down to 200 cases.  If a hundred people moved on the deal, then that's all she wrote.

stasiman
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 9:38:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've got one case and never tried it.  Cheese lover here too. I'm not expecting to enjoy this with some fresh fruit and wine, but  figured it would stretch the macaroni a bit.  Anyone else have an opinion on this product?

I've tried it, and it is not bad.  I like it better than Cheese Wiz or Velveta.  That being said, it is no Herkimer County Cheddar.  Come SHTF, I think it will be enjoyed as a break in the daily routine.  You can't knock the shelf life, and it is miles above reconstituted powdered cheese.

One poster noted that it caused GI upset (the squirts), can't say I experienced that problem.  One thing I want to try is taking one out of the can and aging it in a cool dry place for a few weeks to see if it changes the character any.  I'd wrap it in some cheese cloth and let it sit for a while.  I'm not too sure how it will turn out, as the cheese is pasteurized, but I figure it is worth a shot.  I will give a sitrep on the experiment when it is done.

stasiman
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 9:44:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 9:48:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I've tried it, and it is not bad.  I like it better than Cheese Wiz or Velveta.  That being said, it is no Herkimer County Cheddar.  Come SHTF, I think it will be enjoyed as a break in the daily routine.  You can't knock the shelf life, and it is miles above reconstituted powdered cheese....

I concur.

Link Posted: 8/29/2010 4:15:31 PM EDT
[#21]
I think it's a great addition to your food preps.  Good product with a long storage life.
The taste is ok, a little bland. But I think if the grocery store was closed for six  months, this stuff would be tasting pretty darned good!
Only sampled one can but it never bothered my stomach.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#22]
This cheese has become a regular staple in our diet. My wife uses it for cooking in casseroles and in eggs, as well as salads. We keep a bunch of it on hand. So much, that we had to pass on the recent sale because our usage did not justify it.

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 7:21:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Is this the stuff that'll give ya the burning squirts something fierce?  

No
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 3:04:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Got my two cases today and one of the boxes was pretty smashed on one side so I was all, "Oh Shit!  My cheese!"  Opened the box and all the cans were fine.  But I figured hell... already got the box open... might as well try a can.

Opened it up and all I gotta say is thats some good stuff!  Is it a block of smoked aged chedder?  No ways.  Does it taste great on a cheap ass club cracker... Hell ya!  Definitely suprised... didnt think it would taste very good or itd come in average at best.  Its nice too be proved wrong!  Cool thing is its not yellow or orange died!  Its white like real cheese should be!  

Glad I bought it!
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 3:18:05 PM EDT
[#25]
is it 7 oz cans?
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 4:35:29 PM EDT
[#26]
7.05 oz./200 gr.

Man - this stuff is really good, Got mine yesterday and just had to try some last night.

Oh, and definitely no squirts
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 5:14:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Watch it now, there's chemical cheese about that'll treat your colon to the mercy of a branding iron, yessir.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:02:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Watch it now, there's chemical cheese about that'll treat your colon to the mercy of a branding iron, yessir.

This is not that cheese. It is all natural. I do not understand all the comments about the cheese causing loose bowels. Maybe a competitor is trying to introduce doubt on the quality of this product? My family uses this cheese at least once every few weeks and have had NO gastrointestinal discomfort. The haters need to STFU or come up with some proof.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:48:29 PM EDT
[#29]
damn, sale is off
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:22:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
damn, sale is off

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=10&f=17&t=638932  There is a Labor Day sale on at Grandma's Country.  Don't know how long the price is good.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:51:39 PM EDT
[#31]
How does the taste compare to MRE cheese?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:16:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
How does the taste compare to MRE cheese?

As I recall the MRE cheese is more of a cheese spread. This is hard enough to slice or grate like a block cheese you would buy at the grocery. One thing to note. It does not melt well under a broiler. I.E. like a casserole where you spread grated cheese over the top at the end of cooking cycle to make a layer of melted cheese. It will brown and not melt. At least in our experience.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top