Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/20/2010 8:05:27 PM EDT
I got a little more wheelbase and weight then a regular Wrangler.
I do have the 4 wheel disks, but I think a 5x10 open deck is the max. That would give me less then 3500 pounds as a load, and more like 2000.
Thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/20/2010 8:51:59 PM EDT
Got the 05 Rubicon Unlimited. I bought an ATV trailer from Tractor Supply for about $1300. It has one side ramp and 2 rear ramps. It's slightly wider than the Jeep, I think the deck is about 5 x 10? Great buy! It allows me to haul all kinds of stuff easily.
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 5:25:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/21/2010 5:27:29 AM EDT by Grove]
I'm not sure what exactly you are wanting to haul but the m416 is very popular with the Jeep crowd.

trailer

M416

Grove
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 7:16:47 AM EDT
The M416 is the way to go. I have one for my '94 Jeep, paid $300 for it back in '96.
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 9:26:25 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:20:03 AM EDT
Originally Posted By TomJefferson:
A 5x10 should be no problem for a Jeep. I just upgrades my little utility 4x6 to a 5x10 and the biggest feature I looked for was getting the wheel size up to normal car sizes due to highway running. In fact, this one has the quick grease fittings.

One of my hard learned lessons on open trailers is small and even tactical is cool, but its very important to offset weight with size. Not everything you will want to tow does big equate to heavy. A good rule to thumb is if you cant tow plywood sheets, you probably won't be happy in the longrun.

As for the whole offroad thing, unless camping is your goal come some SHTF event, you can take that trailer anywhere you want, it just sifts from being a trailer to a sled in some spots, not something you want to do a lot but he it works.

Tj

TJ you know more about the common sense preps I have seen.
After buying my 5x8 from a farm store I did change out to bearing buddies before first use.
I have investigated bolt patterns, and can up grade to automotive, when I find wheels for a older vehicle that match bolt pattern.
I work construction sites, and the guys want to build up my trailer.

Top Top