Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 72
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 4:48:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 12:12:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: InterestedBystander] [#2]
If this should go in a different forum/thread, please let me know.  Ive seen other security camera threads but had this one subscribed and  figured there was a good chance at an  answer here.

I have a clip from camera footage that I would like to send to someone else, but the system backed it up to USB as a DAV file format which I looks somewhat common for some system brands (or is it proprietary?).   It did put a Windows player on the USB drive also, but ideally, I'd like to convert the .dav file to something more friendly to Windows, Android and IOS not requiring finding a player the receiving people have to install...I'm thinking something like mp4, mpeg, etc.

Found software via google that says it will do a conversion, but I'm leery of those sites.

Appreciate any assistance.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 4:39:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheGrayMan] [#3]
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 4:55:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By InterestedBystander:
If this should go in a different forum/thread, please let me know.  Ive seen other security camera threads but had this one subscribed and  figured there was a good chance at an  answer here.

I have a clip from camera footage that I would like to send to someone else, but the system backed it up to USB as a DAV file format which I looks somewhat common for some system brands (or is it proprietary?).   It did put a Windows player on the USB drive also, but ideally, I'd like to convert the .dav file to something more friendly to Windows, Android and IOS not requiring finding a player the receiving people have to install...I'm thinking something like mp4, mpeg, etc.

Found software via google that says it will do a conversion, but I'm leery of those sites.

Appreciate any assistance.
View Quote
Try this:
http://www.bahamassecurity.com/cctv-software/dahua-avi-convert.asp
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 5:13:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: InterestedBystander] [#5]
Originally Posted By TheGrayMan:
Applian had a decent editor once upon a time.

Also try VLC player, or avidemux.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Applian had a decent editor once upon a time.

Also try VLC player, or avidemux.
vlcplayer was my first stop but no go.   A little more searching and it apparently needs a 3rd party codec according to some posts I found.   Ill take a look at the other too.

Thanks.  Will check it out.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 10:14:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I like the idea of a ring doorbell (or something functionally similar) but has anyone integrated a ring doorbell into an existing NVR? I think you can only use the cloud service...
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 2:06:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By LTCetme:
I like the idea of a ring doorbell (or something functionally similar) but has anyone integrated a ring doorbell into an existing NVR? I think you can only use the cloud service...
View Quote
Many cams have analog/contact closure/input/outputs.

Wire the doorbell button -thru a relay if necessary, and connect to one of the cams inputs, and program the cam input function to do whatever is necessary.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 4:10:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Now that I have my fiber ISP, home network infrastructure and backup/file sharing (NAS) in place, I'd like to get started on planning to add exterior (maybe a few interior) cameras.   When we built the house almost 14 years ago, custom builder and architect, I did all of the low voltage pre-wire myself not knowing exactly what I was going to do, but I wanted to future proof it as much as I could.  So I have a TON of various cabling in the walls the vast majority being Cat5e, dual RG-6 coax to every room and many exterior locations have a combo of Cat5e/RG6 coax/18-2 power as I wasn't sure if I was going IP or analog cameras back then.   Now I want to go IP and leverage the investment in my UniFi home network (PoE and non-PoE switches, etc.) as much as possible.

Before talking specific cameras & equipment, I want to map out all of the locations and especially the field of view that makes sense so there is the right kind of coverage in the right place with the right view.   I don't have my floor plans or building drawings in an electronic format, but I willing to try to scan parts in and/or hand draw basic structure if that will help building an overall map and plan of the house.  What's the best way to not only do that, but most importantly then look at my field of view/depth of field for each location?  Then prioritize which locations I need the most and decide on cameras and server/storage options.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 5:53:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By NukeThemTillTheyGlow:
Now that I have my fiber ISP, home network infrastructure and backup/file sharing (NAS) in place, I'd like to get started on planning to add exterior (maybe a few interior) cameras.   When we built the house almost 14 years ago, custom builder and architect, I did all of the low voltage pre-wire myself not knowing exactly what I was going to do, but I wanted to future proof it as much as I could.  So I have a TON of various cabling in the walls the vast majority being Cat5e, dual RG-6 coax to every room and many exterior locations have a combo of Cat5e/RG6 coax/18-2 power as I wasn't sure if I was going IP or analog cameras back then.   Now I want to go IP and leverage the investment in my UniFi home network (PoE and non-PoE switches, etc.) as much as possible.

Before talking specific cameras & equipment, I want to map out all of the locations and especially the field of view that makes sense so there is the right kind of coverage in the right place with the right view.   I don't have my floor plans or building drawings in an electronic format, but I willing to try to scan parts in and/or hand draw basic structure if that will help building an overall map and plan of the house.  What's the best way to not only do that, but most importantly then look at my field of view/depth of field for each location?  Then prioritize which locations I need the most and decide on cameras and server/storage options.
View Quote
Have you seen this?  https://ipvm.com/calculator  Pick a camera or manually enter specs, and it shows you FoV and more.  One camera at a time with the free edition.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 9:21:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gajeep94yj] [#10]

Get one that supports the HIGHEST resolution (eg. 4k, 5MP, etc) that you think you're likely to need.
View Quote
I took your advice and bought a 4k (supposedly 8MP) LaView NVR.

And picked up 2x bullet and 2x dome 4MP  cameras.

I got two installed and I'm very disappointed with them. I only had a few 2.3 MP and thought the picture was awesome, so I figured 4MP would just blow me away.... It hasn't.

Here's a pic from our driveway. I don't know exactly how long it is but the suburban should give a good reference.

Am I being unrealistic thinking I should be able to zoom in and see a person's face at the end of the driveway?

It's a complete blur when zooming in.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 10:20:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KwaiChangCaine] [#11]
Originally Posted By gajeep94yj:

I took your advice and bought a 4k (supposedly 8MP) LaView NVR.

And picked up 2x bullet and 2x dome 4MP  cameras.

I got two installed and I'm very disappointed with them. I only had a few 2.3 MP and thought the picture was awesome, so I figured 4MP would just blow me away.... It hasn't.

Here's a pic from our driveway. I don't know exactly how long it is but the suburban should give a good reference.

Am I being unrealistic thinking I should be able to zoom in and see a person's face at the end of the driveway?

It's a complete blur when zooming in.
https://thumb.ibb.co/dXXmRa/Screenshot_20170812_210905.png
View Quote
Your image is only 180 x 180 pixels.  Do you have it set to record at QCIF or something?

Digital zoom always sucks, so don't even play with that.

Get your camera's image and streaming at full resolution, and get your NVR recording at that too.  I can see faces and read license plates at 100' with my 4MP cameras just fine.  ETA:  With reasonable optical zoom.  Varifocal FTW!  
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 8:45:38 PM EDT
[#12]
That pic of small because I can't find anywhere to host it....

The NVR is set to the highest resolution and it's not even close to 100'.

I must have something else wrong...
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 10:55:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By KwaiChangCaine:

Have you seen this?  https://ipvm.com/calculator  Pick a camera or manually enter specs, and it shows you FoV and more.  One camera at a time with the free edition.
View Quote
I wasn't aware of that, thanks.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 11:10:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LTCetme] [#14]
Originally Posted By EXPY37:

Wire the doorbell button -thru a relay if necessary, and connect to one of the cams inputs, and program the cam input function to do whatever is necessary.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By EXPY37:

Ok let me ask the question another way. Does anyone make a discreet/small form factor wide angle IP camera I could mount around my doorbell or door that wouldn't ruin the aesthetics of the front door or make a person feel like they are walking into a bank (important for pleasing the wife unit). I could accept wireless if it could run off of the doorbell power.
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 6:34:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Does anyone know if Nelly's ever has coupon codes or sales, especially with Black Friday / holidays coming up?

I tried to take the "easy" way out, and recently installed (2) Arlo Pro 2 cameras and was utterly disappointed in them.  Battery in the more active one died in 5 days, the delay after motion detection was bad, the picture during the day was below average, and the night vision was terrible.  My bad experience motivated me to finally run CAT5e cable to the camera locations from my office.

I'm looking to start with an 8-channel 4K POE NVR and (2) 4K / 8 MP dome cameras.
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 7:45:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 10:27:06 PM EDT
[#17]
I need an indoor 4MP IP camera with POE that will also work with a laview/hikvision NVR.

Laview makes one but it seems ridiculously priced for an interior camera. Anyone tried other brands with Laview NVR's?

If that isn't specific enough PTZ would also be awesome....lol
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 10:31:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Skammy] [#18]

Ok let me ask the question another way. Does anyone make a discreet/small form factor wide angle IP camera I could mount around my doorbell or door that wouldn't ruin the aesthetics of the front door or make a person feel like they are walking into a bank (important for pleasing the wife unit). I could accept wireless if it could run off of the doorbell power.
View Quote
I've been looking for the same kinda thing and all I've found is this:
Amazon Product
  • Available in White, Oil Rubbed Bronze and Black housing
  • Onvif V2.20, Waterproof Camera and Mount - IP66 rated
  • Full HD 1080P Resolution at 30 frames per second

Link Posted: 11/18/2017 11:03:20 AM EDT
[#19]
How do you guys handle motion detection recording when it snows all night?

Should I just turn it off?
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 11:57:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 3:01:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Any thoughts on this hi cap hybrid drive for security recording?

Seagate FireCuda ST2000DX002 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Gaming SSHD Hybrid Hard Drive Bare Drive

https://www.neweggbusiness.com/product/product.aspx?item=9b-22-178-996&nm_mc=knc-msnsearchb2b&cm_mmc=knc-msnsearchb2b-_-pla-_-hard+drives-_-9b22178996&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=knc-msnsearchb2b
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 7:39:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 1:22:32 PM EDT
[#23]
I don’t use motion detection... I use sensor-based alerts only.

You’re experiencing one of the downsides of video motion detection.  Weather-related false alarms are a major PITA
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NoVaGator:
How do you guys handle motion detection recording when it snows all night?

Should I just turn it off?
I don’t use motion detection... I use sensor-based alerts only.

You’re experiencing one of the downsides of video motion detection.  Weather-related false alarms are a major PITA
So PIR sensors?
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 1:44:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 11:42:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LTCetme] [#25]
Deal alert. Foscam C1 cameras for $37. They don't get much cheaper than this. This is my go to camera for wireless applications. Always use PoE but this is a great alternative if you have no other choice. Has night vision, audio and motion detection built-in.

Foscam C1
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 9:47:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Any opinions on the Hikvision EXIR cameras vs. their low-light cameras?

http://www.hikvision.com/us/Products_1_10533_i38849.html (3MP low light, typical Hikvision bullet)

vs.

http://www.hikvision.com/us/Products_1_10533_i38845.html (3MP low light, different bullet style)

vs.

http://www.hikvision.com/us/Products_1_10533_i7585.html (4MP EXIR, different bullet style)
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 9:59:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By coldair:
this Camera and the 2mp version blow the 5 mp cameras away, and since they can be set to patrol they have the ability to cover more ground than 3 fixed cameras
View Quote
Is that a Nelly branded Hikvision camera? Unless I'm looking in the wrong place, I couldn't find those cameras listed on the Hikvision site.

These are all outdoor PTZ cameras on Nellys, all listed as the "H-series". Isn't that their Hikvision rebranded cameras?
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 10:54:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 7:29:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 11:37:54 AM EDT
[#30]
OK, Blue iris question.

I just moved over from Milestone to BI and its working OK. My cameras are running the NVR HARD so I will be upgrading to a better box in the future. In the meantime I'd like to be able to access recordings from a client PC and not the server itself. I could use a web client or a software client with the milestone system which worked great. I Downloaded the Blue Iris Companion app from the Microsoft store but it appears to be third party. It allows for live view but recording viewing is cumbersome and weak at best. I can play clips but not search through them. Is there a better client or other means of accessing the recordings? FWIW I have the paid android client by BI and it works great but id rather have a real PC or web client if possible. I bought the full license.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 12:02:33 PM EDT
[#31]
There is a web client for BI.  Server IP + port 8080  example.  192.168.1.100:8080

I believe you have to enable on the server first but this will let you use a web browser to look at every camera and the most recent recordings.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 1:52:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By sgthoskins:
There is a web client for BI.  Server IP + port 8080  example.  192.168.1.100:8080

I believe you have to enable on the server first but this will let you use a web browser to look at every camera and the most recent recordings.
View Quote
OK thanks for that. I will look tonight when I get a chance. I'm still tweaking configuration on the server.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 7:13:11 PM EDT
[#33]
OK thanks for that. I will look tonight when I get a chance. I'm still tweaking configuration on the server.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sgthoskins:

Personally I just remote desktop into the box.  If I'm away from home, I use an open vpn installation and use remote desktop.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 12:09:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

Personally I just remote desktop into the box.  If I'm away from home, I use an open vpn installation and use remote desktop.  
View Quote
That is exactly what I am doing currently. I RDP to the box and use openvpn to get home if I need to. I just upgraded from Milestone x-protect to Blue Iris and was a little bit unimpressed in the BI web client. Milestone had an outstanding software client and web client. Little things like showing the time as you move the slider bar around to search make a big difference.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 1:30:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ar-jedi] [#35]
dear smart folks,

is there some kind of cross-reference table which associates camera models from Nelly's (NSC-xxxx) with their Hikvision (DS-xxxx) counterparts?

the reason i ask is because i want to get a couple of IP cameras to attach to my Synology NAS box, which runs a Synology app called "Surveillance Station".
https://www.synology.com/en-us/surveillance

Synology has a camera compatibility checker for Surveillance Station,
https://www.synology.com/en-us/compatibility/camera

but of course the compatible cameras are listed by Hikvision models, and there are no Nelly's models listed.  hence my question above.

thanks
ar-jedi

ps: FYI found this Hikvision feature table via IPcamtalk website or some such:  (i don't know how current it is)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1loKNZBfMYreKzVVxS2Tpcmr8_7qMfevNFEB5yX1iZ3Q/view#gid=0
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 2:31:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 9:57:31 PM EDT
[#37]
@TheGrayMan

Thanks again for keeping this thread alive with information.

I do have a question.  I have a camera and the IR's are starting to dim and go out.  Have you ever just swapped a IR board with one of the cheap Ebay replacements.  If so, should I stay with the 36 LED per board or opt for the 48?

Currently running the Reolink brand 4mp POE.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 10:54:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Thanks for putting the work into making this thread.

I'm currently running a Costco Lorex system with six 4MP cameras.  I've been happy with it so far and it's working out pretty good for the minimal amount of money that's been invested. However, I'm planning on building a Blue Iris rig within the next few months.  The main purpose for this is to add a couple different branded cameras.

Anyway, I'd like to add about 10-12 stand alone IR lights around the house.  Most all of the lights I've been looking at are 12VDC.  Can I run something like a camera power supply and power all the lights instead of rigging up some sort of wall-wart power supply wire mess?  What do most people do?
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 10:17:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By ARAMP1:
Thanks for putting the work into making this thread.

I'm currently running a Costco Lorex system with six 4MP cameras.  I've been happy with it so far and it's working out pretty good for the minimal amount of money that's been invested. However, I'm planning on building a Blue Iris rig within the next few months.  The main purpose for this is to add a couple different branded cameras.

Anyway, I'd like to add about 10-12 stand alone IR lights around the house.  Most all of the lights I've been looking at are 12VDC.  Can I run something like a camera power supply and power all the lights instead of rigging up some sort of wall-wart power supply wire mess?  What do most people do?
View Quote
another option might be a landscape lighting transformer most of those are 12 VDC. Home depot transformer
Link Posted: 3/30/2018 3:55:38 PM EDT
[#40]
I currently have two Acti E73 domes that are great for daytime and ok at night for seeing cars, but I can't make out people. For example, early this morning around 3:00am, some guy walked around my vehicles, but I can't make him out. I have a street light at the corner of my property (left in the pic below by the mailboxes) which causes some lighting problems and carriage lights on each side of my garage on the garage. I am looking for cameras that have better night visibility, any recommendations?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/30/2018 4:13:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By jake-cutter:
I currently have two Acti E73 domes that are great for daytime and ok at night for seeing cars, but I can't make out people. For example, early this morning around 3:00am, some guy walked around my vehicles, but I can't make him out. I have a street light at the corner of my property (left in the pic below by the mailboxes) which causes some lighting problems and carriage lights on each side of my garage on the garage. I am looking for cameras that have better night visibility, any recommendations?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/86875/car_theif_1-499247.JPG
View Quote
There are definitely lots of IR illumination devices out there but by far the best way to identify someone is with real light. Since IR illuminators and modern outdoor led lightning is similar in terms of power draw I'd ask why wouldn't you just use motion activated floodlights or leave outside lights on. The only real use for IR illuminators is if you want covert surveillance. Is that what you want or do you just want the easiest way to ID someone?
Link Posted: 3/30/2018 4:44:59 PM EDT
[#42]

There are definitely lots of IR illumination devices out there but by far the best way to identify someone is with real light. Since IR illuminators and modern outdoor led lightning is similar in terms of power draw I'd ask why wouldn't you just use motion activated floodlights or leave outside lights on. The only real use for IR illuminators is if you want covert surveillance. Is that what you want or do you just want the easiest way to ID someone?
View Quote
The garage lights and street light are both on in my pic, which is why the car has a shadow. Maybe brighter bulbs in the lights on the garage?
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 10:48:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dr_Dickie] [#43]
Okay, I have read through a tremendous amount of this thread, but it just leaves me with too many options to track them all down.
I need at least 5 cameras, and have a couple of k to spend.
The things I do know that I want are:
1) I do not want wireless (as much of a pain as it will be to run wires, I prefer this system)
2) I can wire in the PIRs separately if no one makes a good camera with one already in there (I have looked and this seems to be the case)
3) I don't think I need audio, just video
4) I don't need the doorbell, as one camera will cover the front porch

So, what I need is either a recommendation for cameras and DVR or a system with each.
Any assistance would be appreciated.  If this has been answered already in the last couple of page, sorry, I was reading from the beginning tried to grasp as much as I could of the stuff put there until I was full
Thanks

What do folks think of this system:
ONWOTE 5MP PoE Security Camera System, 8 Channel Expandable 5MP H.265 NVR 2TB Hard Drive with 4 Outdoor 5 Megapixels 2592x 1944P HD Night Vision Video Surveillance IP PoE Cameras
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 3:09:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slappomatt] [#44]
I have a question about hooking up hikvision IP camera's, being as they are IP based can I connect them into my home network switch and then run a single cable to the hikvision NVR or do they need to be discretely hooked one at a time into the NVR?

ETA assuming I have the propper POE switch.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 2:00:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By slappomatt:
I have a question about hooking up hikvision IP camera's, being as they are IP based can I connect them into my home network switch and then run a single cable to the hikvision NVR or do they need to be discretely hooked one at a time into the NVR?

ETA assuming I have the propper POE switch.
View Quote
Kind of depends on the configuration of the nvr. Generally the nvr out of the box will run the cameras on a separate subnet. It's definitely possible though to configure an nvr as a device on your main LAN and the cameras would just be another valid group of addresses. I think hikvision probably does this just to be simple to plug and play.

So you can definitely have the cameras on your main switch you just want the nvr to understand where it needs to look for the video.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 3:07:45 PM EDT
[#46]
I've been reading through this thread, thanks to all who have contributed!

I'm looking to add a security/camera system to my home. I was hoping to find something that combined security/alarm functions with cameras and other basic smarthome features.

Is anyone running/monitoring their camera system through a smarthub like Wink or Samsung Smartthings? It would be nice to have access to everything in one app.

Ideally I'd like to have:
5 cameras (POE)
Door sensors (z-wave)
Glass break sensors (z-wave)
Alarm Keypads (z-wave or wired)
Siren
combo code doorlocks I can access remotely (zwave)
Thermostat (zwave)
Some outlets or lights (zwave)

I would love to be able to control/monitor everything remote through one app that doesnt require a monthly fee. Does such a thing exist?
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 6:28:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By ManNamedJed:
I've been reading through this thread, thanks to all who have contributed!

I'm looking to add a security/camera system to my home. I was hoping to find something that combined security/alarm functions with cameras and other basic smarthome features.

Is anyone running/monitoring their camera system through a smarthub like Wink or Samsung Smartthings? It would be nice to have access to everything in one app.

Ideally I'd like to have:
5 cameras (POE)
Door sensors (z-wave)
Glass break sensors (z-wave)
Alarm Keypads (z-wave or wired)
Siren
combo code doorlocks I can access remotely (zwave)
Thermostat (zwave)
Some outlets or lights (zwave)

I would love to be able to control/monitor everything remote through one app that doesnt require a monthly fee. Does such a thing exist?
View Quote
Bump. Anyone? Looks like some of the Honeywell systems might have these capabilities. Anyone run alarm and camera functions through one system?
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 6:43:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Desert_AIP] [#48]
Originally Posted By ManNamedJed:

Bump. Anyone? Looks like some of the Honeywell systems might have these capabilities. Anyone run alarm and camera functions through one system?
View Quote
It would be relatively simple to integrate any camera with DI/O terminals into an alarm system with inputs and outputs.
Use the alarm panel sensors to detect movement, then use the outputs to drive a relay to turn the camera record on for instance.
Rather than wiring the sensor directly to the camera as TheGrayMan details.
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#49]
I am going to throw this out there, but I suspect it won't help many unless they are primarily Linux users with Synology Surveillance Center. Ive tried all sorts of ways to be able to live view off non-windows devices. Particularly to a TV. Sideloading the app can work depending on things, but I ran into input issues. However, should you say have a spare TV (or monitor for that matter) and an output on your PC you can run their Android app via Virtualbox. Setup your Android VM, then simply go to the app store, install DS Cam and rock and roll. Took all of 10 minutes if you are familiar with setting up a Linux install. Ive tried all sorts of hacky shit in the past, and this is by far the easiest way for us non-supported users to get proper full use of their suite.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 7:25:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dragracer_Art] [#50]
I have a 65" 4k TV in my living room and a 55" 4k in the bedroom.
I'd like to pipe the cameras to both TV's if possible... and want sharp camera resolution.

Just bought this place in May and don't want to outfit it with my 10 year old CCTV 480TVL camera system...

I think we will spring for some better/newer equipment this time.
Don't think an 8ch system will cover everything I want to see...  so what 16ch system should I be looking for ? (under $2k)
Also need to figure out how to route wires to all these nooks and crannies where I want to hang a camera.

Attachment Attached File
Page / 72
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top