Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2017 10:38:36 PM EDT
I'll be making a quick trip to meet up with my younger brother in Anchorage during his summer long excursion through Canada and Alaska. Anyone have any recommendations for a spot accessible by truck up into the mountains between Anchorage and Denali?  We don't want to go into the park so something off the beaten path where we can park the truck/camper and do some hiking and flyfishing smaller snow melt streams would be perfect.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 11:18:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'll be making a quick trip to meet up with my younger brother in Anchorage during his summer long excursion through Canada and Alaska. Anyone have any recommendations for a spot accessible by truck up into the mountains between Anchorage and Denali?  We don't want to go into the park so something off the beaten path where we can park the truck/camper and do some hiking and flyfishing smaller snow melt streams would be perfect.
View Quote

Check out Hatchers Pass for hiking just north of Anchorage. Not sure how the fishing is.

Further north you will find monster Greyling in mountain streams, along the Denali Hwy between Cantwell and Paxton.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:42:47 PM EDT
[#2]
We're eating at a roadside bar and grill in Houston, north of Anchorage off Highway 3 and will be camping at the Little Susitna River. Doing some fishing tomorrow then heading out southwest of Denali into the mountains.  Beautiful up here obviously, but what I notice most is the air quality.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top