BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2016 11:17:12 AM EDT
How many C & R?
poll to follow
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 11:24:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Me, I toss back about 99.9 % .
The only thing I've kept in the last 5 years is a bunch of whitefish when fishing for Atlantic Salmon.
All trout, salmon, bass, northerns go back.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 2:42:21 PM EDT
[#2]
When I'm home just about everything goes back. When I was backpacking in ID last year everything went in my belly.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 3:13:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Unless I am catching big pan fish, or I have a trophy on the line, I catch and release
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 8:38:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I only keep them when camping.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 10:56:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I have orders from the wife to bring home any legal flounder I catch. My reds, specs and all freshwater fish generally are C&R
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 4:54:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I've eaten FAR more than my share of fish and have gotten to the point where I have no desire to eat fish, fresh or saltwater.  It's all getting tossed back or given away, I don't keep anything nowadays.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 5:10:32 PM EDT
[#7]
In the salt: I'll keep a few nice eating sized speckled trout per day and an occasional slot redfish.  Almost all the nice mangrove snapper I catch come home with me.

In the lake at home: I'll go out once or twice a month intending to catch dinner. Those days I keep a bunch of crappie, bream, or catfish.  Bass are all catch and release.  In the river nearby I'll occasionally keep a limit of smaller stocked rainbows, but mostly it's catch and release.

I voted 50%.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 2:32:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Mostly over 90% C&R... Now if I get a brook trout in bull trout waters I'll keep it, I also tend to keep cutbows.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 11:12:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I release all trout I catch, but I do occaisionally keep a mess of bluegills...

Dave
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 9:12:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I release all trout to catch on another day. All steelhead are released no matter what.  I keep all lake Powell stripers for eating. Whitefish I keep and either take home for the cats or if they are big enough I put them in the smoker.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 11:12:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I am pretty much all catch and release, not because I want to catch them another day, I am too lazy to clean fish.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 10:59:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Anymore the only times I keep fish while fly fishing is if I hook em deep and they arent gonna survive then I'll keep em and eat em so they dont go to waste.

J-
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top