Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2016 10:42:37 PM EDT
Just spent a week fly fishing Belize. Stayed at the Blue Bonefish Lodge on Ambergris Caye with 10 guys. The Lodge and their Guides are top notch. We caught several permit, tarpon and countless big bonefish. If you are looking to get into the saltwater game Belize is about as easy as it gets. Still pretty low cost to get to and The Blue Bonefish was very reasonable for a week of all inclusive lodging and fishing.

Here are a couple big bones I caught including a 21.5 inch (which is huge for a bone).

" />

" />

" />

J-
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 10:54:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Ambergris has really grown. I liked it better a decade ago.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 11:35:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice. How close were you able to get to the bones? So many fish I want to target. So little time.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 4:57:39 PM EDT
[#3]
how much was it?
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 5:46:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice. How close were you able to get to the bones? So many fish I want to target. So little time.
View Quote

Longest cast was prob 65 feet and shortest was about 30.

J-
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 5:48:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
how much was it?
View Quote

1995 for the week of lodging,food and 5 days guided fishing (8hr days). I got my airfare from Detroit for 780 round trip.

J-
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 6:30:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

1995 for the week of lodging,food and 5 days guided fishing (8hr days). I got my airfare from Detroit for 780 round trip.

J-
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
how much was it?

J-

Not bad.  Pretty much what I was guessing.     What is typical or acceptable for Tips down there?    
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 6:36:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

J-
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

J-

Not too shabby.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 7:20:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Not bad.  Pretty much what I was guessing.     What is typical or acceptable for Tips down there?    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
how much was it?

J-

We tipped 40-50 (US) a boat per day. So 20-25 per guy which was not bad. I gave a couple guides double that be used they put in a real good days worth of work getting us on lots of good fish.

The exchange rate is 2:1 so the US dollar goes along ways.

J-
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 7:51:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Buddy of mine lives there, loves it.  Just got his gun permit,
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 9:32:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Belize is loaded with bonefish and permit but I have yet to see a big one of either species down there after over two dozen trips.   Probably just too many of them competing for the available food.  It's a great place for people to catch their first permit though as the number of shots per day exceeds many other places.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 11:15:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Awesome

I just fished Ascension bay mx a few months back.

Way more shots at permit bones and tarpon than I could handle. Wind and casting was new to me
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 9:03:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Belize is loaded with bonefish and permit but I have yet to see a big one of either species down there after over two dozen trips.   Probably just too many of them competing for the available food.  It's a great place for people to catch their first permit though as the number of shots per day exceeds many other places.
View Quote

We saw some permit that were trash can lid size swimming in singles and doubles but I think the biggest that anyone on the trip caught was like a serving platter size.

The 21.5 inch bone that I caught got the guide pretty excited and he said it was a big fish for the area. I caught one that was 20 just prior.

J-
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 11:19:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Now that looks like some fun!
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 11:41:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Miss me some Belikin
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 8:28:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Miss me some Belikin
View Quote

It goooooeesss so easy. Drank it with breakfast lunch and dinner, lol

J-
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 10:09:40 AM EDT
[#16]
I did Turneffe Flats a few years ago and heading back in September. It was an amazing trip.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 10:08:49 PM EDT
[#17]
We were in the shallow water just off the beach between the shore and the reef fly fishing for barracuda. I`d go back in a heart beat. Water was only about 3-4 feet deep and the runs were spectacular! Silver bullets  they are!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top