Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 5:05:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is a picture from yesterday of just turquoise strip, it looked way too straight

The offset grey helped it come alive

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 6:37:31 PM EDT
[#2]
And her butt looks better,

The engine now is ugly..
Mmm....a coral colored engine with turquoise numbers. Maybe next year
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 10:02:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bansil:

And her butt looks better,

The engine now is ugly..
Mmm....a coral colored engine with turquoise numbers. Maybe next year
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/388306/2018-05-12_17-542157.JPG
View Quote
But you are in TN, not Florida! I agree the engine doesn't match but look

into the older white Suzuki paint scheme. Keep the badging gold for added bling.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 3:42:36 PM EDT
[#4]
So we went out Sunday looking to get in the water, and take her to her slip

I never thought I would say "it has rained so much we can't go boating"

But I did, the 10" of rain has the lake up about 10 ft, 1st ramp wife was backing me in and I am looking at the 50 ft we need to travel to get to the actual ramp, wife stops and says

"I think I need to stop"

"why"

"there is water coming in the doors"

so on to next ramp, this one wasn't much better when water was above my rear bumper and almost at tail lights (02 Tahoe), we abandoned that one

Next one was Rat branch, this one has a pier for fishing, you could only see the top 6 inches of the railing sticking out, when we got there I saw this (wife was following me and didnt notice anything odd)

Attachment Attached File

Shits on fire YO'

So I knew where the floating dock was at (under maybe 6ft of water) and I showed her where the telephone pole fence went, and she backed me in, rear bumper was under water when I felt the rear rise up!!!

I fired up engine, check tell tale, unhooked winch and bumped her into reverse, some throttle and we where off and floating, wife parked tahoe (we had left her ride at the marine with our slip, but the roads back in where under like 45 inches of water)

Attachment Attached File

So a couple hours later we headed back to trailer after parking boat and came back to the sad trailer, I jacked axle up, removed, cotter pin, nut and the wheel, secured axle with strap and rolled on home

So new axles, carpet, brakes and tires before winter
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 4:01:07 PM EDT
[#5]
How does the spindle look? Is it ground down from the bearing being missing? Are you going to add brakes

because there doesn't appear to be any on it at all?
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 6:32:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Spindle is toast, the nut and hub were glowing blue and grease on fire, it banged around for a while with 3/4 inch clearance actually about 15 miles.

Def. Putting brakes on 1 maybe both axles, 99.99% is fresh water so will do just a drum setup unless i can get a decent cheap electric disc kit, And i am putting rear tires on it not small diameter floaties.

Next update will increase boat value almost double

Got a pregnant alpaca that is due to drop this weekend and a scheduled wine festival....boat is in 3rd place

Life is good...tyring but good
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 7:55:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Electric brakes are going to be the easiest since they don't require an actuator where the hitch coupler

is now. Hydraulic brakes would require you to cut the trailer tongue off and replace with said actuator.

Then there are the brake lines, hoses etc..
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 6:46:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I still may cut and sleeve trailer tounge, it needs to be about 3ft longer and i need to redo the 500 lb steps.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 7:48:24 PM EDT
[#9]
latest update from today

So factory pontoon parts are not really made for electronics, I bought electronics before a boat  :mrgreen:  so what to do with the stuff :donno
It sits at a marina and when the electronics double the value of the boat...the tweakers and meth heads come down out of the hollars and feed...their addiction buy; stealing good hard working peoples shit  

So I did some measuring and sat in boat in the back yard making vroom vroom noises and pushing fake buttons

My plan:

I can build her box  . I have the technology. I can make her better than she is. Better, stronger, faster.

so I cut some alum out and mocked up what needed to be cut and rounded and bent (no way to weld alum. at home yet...so I made an erector set)

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

painting

Attachment Attached File

start to assemble

Attachment Attached File

I used 2" long 10-32 SHCS to bolt sides to bottom and to be used as locators (need to swap for SS bolts)

wires tied up and secured with quick disconnect plugs

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 7:53:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Part 2

Here it is looking like an old skool tool box, I used 2 pc of 1/4-20 all thread thru a pc of 2.0 x 1.0 x 1/8 wall x 24 inch long rectangular tubing for the handle/roll bar  
Attachment Attached File

and sitting on console, I drilled 6 holes in the top for the bolts and 1 center hole for cords wires and the Quick disconnects are shoved in the cubby hole in a zip lock bag with an old kooz as camoflauge
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

everything looks crooked for some reason  
Attachment Attached File

it is not heavy, still need a couple latches to secure it, and finish the back cover and sun screen

hope it gives folks an idea or two

I do plan on a new double console setup with walk thru for next winter
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 9:46:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks good but....you know the factory mounting brackets are slotted where the

side mount knobs go through them are for easy removal. Just loosen the mount knobs and pull out.

Serious bass guys have a Pelican or similar case for electronics and just remove them from the brackets.

Still cool though and gives you a frame for a windshield!
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 6:49:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bansil] [#12]
Yup a quick rain/wind shield, plan to rebuild this winter and do 2 small consoles for rain/wind protection after we went through last rain storm...wife was soaked

she said we needed it now, she didnt think so a few months ago

Also named and christened her last weekend, I present Strikhedonia

Attachment Attached File

ETA you can see the 8ft plywood shield on the port side, it is supported by 6 fenders, that other toon would take out the side of ours if they hit it

had a bad storm pop up last Sunday and we beat feet back to slip, apparently everyone was from our marina by the look of it, everyone heading in and everyone just fell in line, very smooth

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

no pictures, but she caught a bunch of bluegills/sunfish and some small mouth bass...good day!
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 7:00:34 AM EDT
[#13]
OH...the dogs love the boat

Attachment Attached File

that is jack coming back to see me, this was Jack 6 weeks ago

He is on a diet to control his growth so his bones and joints keep up with rest of body growth

Attachment Attached File

the other one is Diane

she is now 5-1/2 months old, we got them same day

Attachment Attached File

Next?

I guess change plugs and attach tiki grass and lights for the 4th

Oh and this weekend we will head over to where the fire works will be so I can save the route for the return trip to slip at midnight
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 12:42:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Jack and Diane..awesome!  Tiki grass and fireworks? What could go wrong?
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 6:15:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By KB7DX:
Jack and Diane..awesome!  Tiki grass and fireworks? What could go wrong?
View Quote
We could run out of rum

Tiki grass is FAUX its plastic so worst case drunken plastic wrapped hillbillies

Disclaimer: we will be on the hook with a tent setup....think of it a convertible cuddy cabin
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 10:26:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Well done!
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 12:35:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bansil] [#17]
@ nowgrn4
Thanks!

We are not regretting no furniture at all!
Attachment Attached File

Enjoyed lunch yesterday...the view? Hell yeah

Attachment Attached File

Fried oysters and drunken mussels with a nice rosa, and awesome bread to dip into mussel sauce

Attachment Attached File

Of course the dogs fighting over lemon slices atleast they wont get scurvy

Attachment Attached File

Oh, and we can't open the cooler w/o giving them ice now
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 3:57:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KB7DX] [#18]
Glad you are enjoying your boat! Here's a few recent pics from my neck of the desert.

41ft Carver on a "sea" trial..
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Banged up prop from one of our rentals yesterday.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 4:11:01 PM EDT
[#19]
How in the hell

I miss AZ, my dad was born and raised there, he just moved back here after being in phoenix/mesa area last 3 yrs.

We traveled everywhere when he was stationed at fort Huachuca.....

What did they hit on a lake? A tree branch?
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 4:11:42 PM EDT
[#20]
41ft? Are lakes big enough to enjoy her?
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 5:35:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Not many trees here on Saguaro Lake, just rocks...lots of rocks.

Most people here with a large boat use them as an apartment on the water. A few take them out

for wine and cheese but most stay in the slip.

The Carver just came in a month ago and developed a massive vibration. We found most of the bolts

for the propshaft couplers were sheared. The engine and transmission mounting bolts were

loose as well. Apparently the boat dealer didn't do any of the required alignment between the transmission

output flanges and propshaft flanges and they came loose then sheared. Final alignment is supposed to

be done once the boat is in the water so the hull isn't flexing like it is on a trailer. Just another

dealer not doing what they are supposed to do.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 7:57:08 AM EDT
[#22]
4th of July was fun, we met up with a few other boats, and since ours is a pontoon I set up food station on her to serve everyone

Attachment Attached File

Ol' Glory

Attachment Attached File

Shade for snacks

Attachment Attached File

Flat top, smashed cheese burgers

Attachment Attached File

Heading out to see fire works...sunset over the stars and stripes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 7:59:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bansil] [#23]
tied up to watch show

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Notice all the boats?

Attachment Attached File

we stayed at this end of lake since almost ALL access is to the east, north east and south east, we waited about 1/2 hr for most of the fools to head home

about 22:00 I turned on chartplotter, night mode and turned it down to 10% light, and went all lights out (except for nav lights and engine monitor) and cruised about 10 mph back with everyone watching for lights, made it back about 23:20 not much different than trip up there (my wife and passengers wanted to use lights I said NO I can't see that way...skarrdy kats  :eviltaunt )

And to all the %$#@&^% using head lights and spot lights
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 8:10:48 AM EDT
[#24]
So long time and no update, so just a bump to keep out of archive, will post later of updates planned this winter
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 8:50:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Looking forward to updates
Link Posted: 7/14/2019 9:02:55 AM EDT
[#26]
So it has been a year, we sadly lost my wifes father and my father last year, mine was Oct.31st her's was May...not alot of boating after 4th last year with dr visits...enough sad....

Not much happening, I pulled her out and brought her home last weekend, to get her ready for new home slip...OUR personal/owned slip

Hello...I see you following to close  :awwwhhh

Attachment Attached File

She was filthy after sitting thru the fall/winter...didnt even get winterized
Attachment Attached File

quick power wash

Attachment Attached File

NEXT?

The brown truck delivered my Brownspoint marine box with carb and intake gaskets to rebuild carburetors this weekend ( low speed sputter and miss, I never winterized here and Ethanol sucks )

After that I need to install the old radar I picked up and then hopefully be ready for 4th of July weekend  :thumbsup
Link Posted: 7/14/2019 9:13:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Well, found out why no idle bringing her to the new slip.

Attachment Attached File

Next....after already pulling cover! While standing by them

:scared
Attachment Attached File

Nuked them quick like  :evil:

Attachment Attached File

Totally clogged

Back together and on muffs...memories of racing 2 strokes in the early 80"s

Attachment Attached File

Prop was off for safety with me and pups

Saw this...
Ole Glory shining brightly

Attachment Attached File

She is back in slip,  waiting for 4th  :nana
Link Posted: 7/14/2019 9:19:28 AM EDT
[#28]
went out for a few hours on Sunday evening for some fishing
Attachment Attached File

found a nice tree in a pretty cove
Attachment Attached File

heading back, this is the Butler bridge, check out youtube for the idiots that jump off it  :shock:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqrW90HLEdM
sun setting behind us
Attachment Attached File

Next weekend is the 4th, our Independence day!!
Link Posted: 7/14/2019 9:31:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bansil] [#29]
wow

4th started off great! Went down to boat slip and met up with some friends to spend the day on the water for dinner and fireworks. Backed boat out of slip and headed toward the concrete ramp to load up coolers, table chairs etc...went to put boat into reverse and NOTHING happened... :shock:  NO reverse. I yelled to get out of the way I cant stop!! and proceeded to pull up on ramp about 5ft.

Checked out pontoons they looked fine and since we are of the old skool...said &^%$*-it and loaded up, we all pushed boat off and spun her around and off we went, just being careful
Attachment Attached File

So nice early when lake is empty  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Some homeless coming and begging for food...so puffed corn was tossed out
Attachment Attached File

That is probably the 2nd "selfie" I have ever taken
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2019 9:38:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bansil] [#30]
our friends and my son and wife

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The fireworks show was only so-so this year, great time with friends tho!!

Next day went to check out boat and found problem with no reverse!!!

the coupling broke!

Attachment Attached File

Last picture was me laying out on pontoon deck searching Browns point marine for parts...I looked up...and was glad the TP was secured  
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2019 9:42:44 AM EDT
[#31]
So got parts in and headed to the lake, wifey helped and we got boat backwards to boat ramp at our slip, we tied her off to wifes car.
Attachment Attached File

Broke out tools and dropped lower unit

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Replaced part circled in red
Attachment Attached File

Went and filled her up for tomorrow, nice being able to stop without crashing into shit  :mrgreen:

Fixing to load car now, ya'll be safe on the water
Link Posted: 7/14/2019 1:20:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akethan] [#32]
Couple I pulled out of the water last week.

Link Posted: 7/14/2019 1:43:31 PM EDT
[#33]
...ugh...imn....yellllll...ugh....HOW?
Link Posted: 7/14/2019 1:45:03 PM EDT
[#34]
...ugh...imn....yellllll...ugh....HOW?
View Quote
Small tornado or Micro burst

Shit got fucked up.
Link Posted: 7/14/2019 4:32:45 PM EDT
[#35]
How have I not seen this thread before now? Nice thread man. Nice boat. Should have winterized, it got mighty dirty
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 9:07:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 9:52:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 5:09:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bansil] [#38]
@KB7DX

1990 DT90 (same one I got the manual for)

is this a common issue? It shifts really smooth and not hard, BUT if you notice where it broke there was no pin or cotter key I had to remove (if it sheared; pin would still be in top section)

That tells me maybe it was zip tied or????????????

Easy fix THO'
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 5:30:10 PM EDT
[#39]
As I don't see alot of Suzukis I can't say whether it's common or not.

I wouldn't think so though.  Maybe someone used a plain steel pin instead of stainless

and it rusted away?
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 7:58:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Was 90* on Sunday

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 2:49:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Was 90* on Sunday

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/388306/Untitled_png-1060887.JPG
View Quote
<---- Laughs in 115*F.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 3:12:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bansil] [#42]

Yours air is dryer and weighs less

Been borrowing a friends jet ski last couple weekends, I just tow it behind the boat...he texted at lunch and wants to sell it to buy a pontoon boat ( needs some cash to "sweeten" the overprice boat loan to debt ratio )

So I may have one of those deplorable lake cockroaches soon

but would that make me an enabler
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top