Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2017 10:04:59 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 1:54:13 PM EDT
[#1]
so a boat with a v8 powered weed whacker on it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 4:13:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Meh. Surface drives are fine for racing. What happens when you need to back up in the swamp?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:47:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like its key feature is just a 1/4" steel housing around the prop? Funny how they talk about the self contained cooling system, a automobile engine is designed differently, it's not meant to operate at low coolant temps and doing so while technically can allow you to tune it for a little more power, will increase wear and tare as it will never come up to temp if it were feed from the body of water the boat is in, so it's a requirement. But hey it's a hell of a boat I'll give them that, maybe some DEA or ATFE or FBI or something in Louisianan or somewhere will want a few.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 12:42:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll be here when you need me
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 11:00:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like its key feature is just a 1/4" steel housing around the prop? Funny how they talk about the self contained cooling system, a automobile engine is designed differently, it's not meant to operate at low coolant temps and doing so while technically can allow you to tune it for a little more power, will increase wear and tare as it will never come up to temp if it were feed from the body of water the boat is in, so it's a requirement. But hey it's a hell of a boat I'll give them that, maybe some DEA or ATFE or FBI or something in Louisianan or somewhere will want a few.
View Quote
He must mean it's not water cooled in any way. It must have a radiator and fan arrangement. Marine engines have thermostats just like

automotive engines and run from 140-160 degrees for old carbureted engines and EFI's generally run at 175. Most newer marine engines now offer

"closed cooling" systems that use anti-freeze in a separate circuit and a raw water cooled heat exchanger in place of the automotive

radiator.

Using a radiator/fan means no water at all is required for cooling.

I still take issue with the no reverse thing.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 1:33:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine doesn't go nearly as fast, but I didn't see any place in that video that I couldn't easily take my boat while using less gas. Plus, mine has reverse and more floor space.

At 36hp on an overbuilt jon boat, mine definitely doesn't have that kind of cool factor though.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 4:39:46 PM EDT
[#7]
bro dozier boat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top