Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2017 12:37:45 PM EDT
What's your opinion of these two setups. I just need a small fishing boat. The Starcraft has been stored inside and the other outside, covered. Starcraft $5000; Northwood $3750.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I would assume both are tiller basic fishing boats?  Market is tough for buyers right now. Boats are expensive and low cost boats move fast. Big things to check...  is the floor solid? Is the transom solid? Is the motor in good shape?  I would check compression and run it. Make sure it is not warm when you start it. Also any batteries or electronics. Lots of great fishing boards to post questions on.   Also check all of the pumps and lighting.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 4:07:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 1:04:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Either would be fine but you need to have them checked out properly before you buy.

Here's my thread on buying a used boat. KB's used boat thread.

If you can't get into the archives the text from my thread can be read here.

Post up if you have questions.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top