Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2017 5:47:30 PM EDT
Getting ready to replace my 2 trolling motor batteries, I'm using a MinnKota Riptide 24 volt motor. I'd like to go AGM so any brands you have used and your comments on performance and price would be appreciated. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 10:07:33 PM EDT
[#1]
We've got some Sea Volt brand and some V-Max Tanks in the marina. The Sea Volts have been in service for 2 or 3 years in a house boat (for house batteries) with no issues.

The V-max Tanks just went into service this year so I don't have any data on them other than they look well built.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 10:02:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Buy once, cry once. I just replaced a 7 year old East Penn Mfg (Deka) Intimidator AGM group 31 on my fresh water rig. 7 years is good performance in my book. Bought the new one at Sam's for $194 out the door. It is a rebranded Intimidator with a Duracell label.

If your batteries are up front and sometimes take a pounding definitely go AGM, they have superior vibration resistance compared to a conventional wet cell and last much longer. Be careful finding a charger to charge an AGM, never exceed 15 v charge rate. Only one (a dedicated deep cycle charger) of my 3 10 Amp automatic chargers charge at 14.8 volts max the other 2 charge as high as 16.8 volts. Way too high for an AGM.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top