Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2017 8:23:13 AM EDT
Heading out soon for our annual vacation, it involves the beach, wine, beer and friends with lots of PIER fishing for dinner, he have rented gear for years and it is $$$ for a week out of the year.
We bought some poles, reels, and line

Problem I have is looking to buy the large "crappie type" rigs with 2 extensions for the hooks so we can "bounce" them off the bottom

I am afraid the blues ect will bend and kill normal crappie rigs

I need this but moar heavy duty with wire and cables

If I need to, I can buy some when we get there, just would rather buy some now
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 9:22:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Double hook bottom rig.  

Cabelas has them, but pricey.

Rig

Take a look at these too:

Sea Striker bottom rigs

You can easily make your own using mono, 3 way swivels and snaps.

Swivels

Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 7:37:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you DIY looks good
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:10:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I've stopped buying rigs like that and just tie them with a piece  40lb mono.  Only takes a few seconds.  

tie a double overhand loop in each end.  Then tie two nice big dropper loops in the line.  

You can thread snelled hooks onto the dropper loop, and loop a bank sinker onto your bottom loop.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:23:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, that what we started to do at the beach, a lot cheaper to
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top