Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2017 12:03:10 PM EDT
So I just went on eBay and scored a cheap #32 manual crank meat grinder for $39. Obviously I would have preferred a v-belt pulley model for an electric conversion later but they were almost double the price. It's missing the handle bolt but I found a bolt and lock washer in the drawer. I'm going to mount it up on a fiberglass filet board I made a while back. I'll post finished pics tomorrow. Anyone else grind their own chum? Any preference on containers? I'm thinking disposable Tupperware or just 2 gallon buckets. Maybe gallon zip lock freezer bags?

I was just going to grind up all the old mullet and pilchards and ballyhoo we've been cast netting. Anyone mix in anything special? Oats, glitter, oil?

Link Posted: 2/28/2017 8:43:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:20:07 PM EDT
[#2]
A chum churn and a flat of bunker.

Of course that's for Chesapeake Bay fishing.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 8:42:22 PM EDT
[#3]
No lie, when i was a kid growing up on the Chesapeake Bay, my brother and I used the garbage disposal in the kitchen sink to make chum. Just disconnected the drain line and put a bucket uder it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:59:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 12:10:39 PM EDT
[#5]
It was worse. My dad came home from work early one day and saw me standing on a chair feeding fish into the sink and my little brother under the sink with a bucket. He grounded us for a week, but to this day he cant help but laugh and tell that story every chance he gets.
This must have been 1989 or so. I was around 14 and my brother was 12. I was and still am a cast netting machine. Damn tho those were some good times and great memories.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 12:23:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Add menhaden oil. 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:29:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No lie, when i was a kid growing up on the Chesapeake Bay, my brother and I used the garbage disposal in the kitchen sink to make chum. Just disconnected the drain line and put a bucket uder it.
View Quote
That is the way dad and I made chum.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top