Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2015 4:48:07 PM EDT
Thanks for reading,,, going to Fla-Tampa-clear water area to see my son. In 2 weeks. We would like to go fishing, good private charter 1/2 half day type thing? Didn`t really plan on keeping anything, he lives there, and I`m flying in to visit for a few days. Any way, we would like to go out and CATCH something (Bigger), maybe a few beers, pop, what ever just looking to have some quality time out with the kid. Any tips? Cost? And as Tips are mentioned do I tip the help first mate/how much?, and Really whats covered? Sorry but I have never gone SW fishing before.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 6:28:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not in the Tampa area, so I couldn't give you any recommendations. Try posting in the Florida hometown forum.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 7:09:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know any guides there, sorry.
I've lived there off and on for a while and if were there now I'd be able to put you on some fish. I'll be back there in Oct, but suppose that won't help much.

Do you want to go inshore for snook, reds, trout or flounder; or go off the beach for pelagics and big bottom fish?

Cheers!
-JC

Link Posted: 8/23/2015 11:04:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Look up captain Brett Norris the guy is the best in the area.
I have been out with him a few times and he has always put me on the fish. I highly recommend him!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top