Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2017 1:58:36 PM EDT
We are primarily fishing lakes and need a good fishfinder. I would like to keep the price reasonable and am open to suggestions.
Thanks,
-Len
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 9:03:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I used a Garmin on my kayak and it worked great. I used a GoPro suction cup mount for the transducer and it was a very easy setup to install and use.

This is what I have: Garmin
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 12:34:44 AM EDT
[#2]
This might be one of the better buys right now...  Lowrance unit.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 1:27:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Garmin Stiker 4 CV
My yak has a spot to mount the FF, i used a Scotty mounting bracket
For the transducer I removed the factory flush rod holder and used a Scotty flush deck mount with a Scotty transducer arm.

Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:25:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I appreciate the replies. That s a clean looking install with that transducer arms. What are you folks using for a battery?
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:03:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ibffsteve] [#5]
Amazon Product
  • vAn Emergency Life Saver: This 500Amp Peak and 13600mAh capacity portable jump starter is able to start all 12V 4.2L GASOLINE vehicles and 3.0L DIESEL vehicles. With heavy duty jumper cables: 8AWG, red(+)8.7inch length; black(-)4.5inch length, strong alligator clamps and easy to read LCD Screen.
  • vMultifunctional: This is absolutely a powerful jump starter powerpack with car jumper cables. It also acts as a portable power bank to charge USB devices via it's USB ports and Laptops with 19V, 16V and 12V voltages. The emergency build-in flashlight is a bonus which allows you to flag down passing cars when you're in trouble.
  • Potable & Convenient: This is a super compact car battery jumper that is small enough to store in your vehicle glove box. Going out with this jump box, you don't have to call a friend with battery jumper cables to help you out, or wait forever for AAA anymore! This could definitely save your day!

I put it in a waterproof bag and lay it in the front hatch.
With this battery I've been out 5-6 hours and it uses about 50% if I use the traditional sonar. I found using the Clear View sonar it uses quite a bit more though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top