Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2010 7:06:17 PM EDT
So the wife wants to get a bow and I've used the same buckmaster for the last five years and I haven't kept up on the times.  Can anyone give advice on what would be a good priced bow for her to shoot for a while (not just a starter).  Pictures and links would be greatly appreciated.  I'm just tickled that she wants to get to shooting!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:27:46 PM EDT
[#1]
IMO Bear Archery makes the best value bows.  They shoot great and aren't overpriced.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:47:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Tell her I have given her a bow.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:03:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Go  to your local proshop, and let her shoot a few different bows.....Let the bow pick HER!!!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:22:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Go to your local proshop, and let her shoot a few different bows.....Let the bow pick HER!!!!

Amen.  I’ve hunted all my life, Bow and Arrow, Traditional Black Powder, Shot Gun and various rifles.  Last winter, my wife decided to join me in bow hunting.  I took her to the Bass Pro shop in North Atlanta.  They let her try several and talked to her about the advantages/disadvantages of each.  Then set up the one she liked and gave her a lesson.  She was tickled pink.  We were only able to hunt twice and she did not get a shot, but is practicing every night and planning on hunting this weekend.  

If I had tried to pick a bow, my likelihood of getting one she would like is near 0%.  But the bow picked her and she could not be happier.

Now she is occasionally shooting my guns.  I don’t know if I’ll make a gun hunter out of her, but she can use any of my guns to defend herself.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 1:23:11 PM EDT
[#5]
this is my GF's bow its a bear truth 2 young gun i got it from huntersfriend.com RTS package with case, im thinking it was around $450.  
38lbs 26dl  arrow gran 341  207fps  31.8KE  its a tac driver
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:52:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top