Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2015 4:09:24 PM EDT
I rescued a 2 year old lab in May 2005 he turned 3 a few short weeks later on June 1 2005. He was not a hunter but he was a great companion for 10 years. Got me through grad school moved with me to my first post college job and two other jobs since then with a few short stints at my parents between. He comforted me when my dad died and was important when I got married that my wife loved him too. He would let me lay my head down on his side and watch tv. He loved on my two kids after they came home. Now he's gone. Since February he had trouble getting around and it was clear his hips bothered him and walks were short. He would fall walking down the driveway. I knew this was coming but couldnt make the decision. Saturday while doing yard work I noticed blood on the deck. I went to check hi and he had injured his foot somehow. I told my wife and we took him to the vet. Based on his age, health and the injury we did what had to be done. Now I'm in a funk and can't get out so I just wanted to come here and get it out. Yeah I'm sad and yeah I miss my furry pal.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 4:10:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 4:24:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mike_314] [#2]
My condolences, give it some time and there'll be some warm memories that will replace the sadness.

I miss all my dogs and my current pal doesn't have a lot of time left.

Link Posted: 9/7/2015 4:30:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Condolences my friend

Sounds like some one may be in need of some range therapy
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 4:47:30 PM EDT
[#4]
My condolences. Dogs really are mans best friend.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 5:01:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 44-40pro] [#5]
Originally Posted By Chitrod:
I rescued a 2 year old lab in May 2005 he turned 3 a few short weeks later on June 1 2005. He was not a hunter but he was a great companion for 10 years. Got me through grad school moved with me to my first post college job and two other jobs since then with a few short stints at my parents between. He comforted me when my dad died and was important when I got married that my wife loved him too. He would let me lay my head down on his side and watch tv. He loved on my two kids after they came home. Now he's gone. Since February he had trouble getting around and it was clear his hips bothered him and walks were short. He would fall walking down the driveway. I knew this was coming but couldnt make the decision. Saturday while doing yard work I noticed blood on the deck. I went to check hi and he had injured his foot somehow. I told my wife and we took him to the vet. Based on his age, health and the injury we did what had to be done. Now I'm in a funk and can't get out so I just wanted to come here and get it out. Yeah I'm sad and yeah I miss my furry pal.
View Quote

Sorry for the loss of your faithful pal.

www.rainbowbridge.com
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 5:17:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top