Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2017 3:13:18 PM EDT
I bought a beat up 1973 Starcraft Galaxy-8 Camper from a co-worker and have spent 2 months re-building it.  Here are some pics!

AS WAS:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

AS IS:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

INERIOR:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I'm just waiting on a seamstress, who is making nylon sides for it.  She has the material but hasn't started yet, which has me a little frustrated.  

I'm ready for a road trip.  So where should I go?
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 5:26:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
 So where should I go?
View Quote

someplace to buy a new camper?

sorry couldn't help it.   post pics when it is actually finished.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 5:45:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Nice job, man!
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 8:15:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Dude that's awesome.  Not only have you been able to keep something out of a junk yard or landfill, but you got a great deal and have enjoyed the experience of making something on your own.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:10:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

someplace to buy a new camper?

sorry couldn't help it.   post pics when it is actually finished.
View Quote
Haha, im hoping the seamstress has the panels done by the end of the week.  Shes been the holdup.  If i get them and install them, ill pull it outside to get better pics this weekend.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 6:23:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice looking job! Watch out for the lift mechanism... There a bear to fix. ( I worked at an RV shop in a past life)
If'n ya want to park yer ass in eastern Maine for a bit drop me an IM. Got plenty of room and can prolly find some dead cow parts for the grill..
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 10:36:35 AM EDT
[#6]
It's done!  I pulled it out of the garage to paint the roof and was going to open it up to take pics but the weather started to look ominous, so I had to put it back inside.

But I'm happy with the way she looks.    

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 7:05:40 PM EDT
[#7]
wow that looks waaaayyy better. post inside pics when you can.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 10:35:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Here's the inside.

The nylon sides work well (at least they seem to velcro strongly in place).  I'm taking it out for a its first run this weekend.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 10:01:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Very cool.

Nice job.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 11:07:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Pretty cool.  I have been watching YouTube videos for the last week about box truck and school bus camper conversions.  Maybe one day
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 7:21:50 PM EDT
[#11]
that looks like it came out wicked good.  i'd say that project is one to be proud of!
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 7:46:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Very nice, I would love something like this!
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:23:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice, I really like the casting couch in the back...;)
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 1:30:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Wow that is really nice.  Looks kinda like a micro apartment inside instead of a popup.
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 3:48:07 PM EDT
[#15]
check out popupportal.com. great site for pop ups. all sorts of mods. i have a list for my 2001 jayco eagle 10.yours looks great. someday im going to redo mine like you did. but for now its works for us.
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 3:49:05 PM EDT
[#16]
check out popupportal.com. great site for pop ups. all sorts of mods. i have a list for my 2001 jayco eagle 10.yours looks great. someday im going to redo mine like you did. but for now its works for us.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top