Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2017 9:30:08 PM EDT
I'm going canoe camping this weekend, planning on using a two person sleeping bag with the GF.

Suggestions what size roll top stuff sack to use? Queen air mattress.

I plan on buying a generic air mattress with a separate battery pump at Wal-Mart, but I have no clue what size dry bag to buy.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 10:17:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Air mattress are horrible for camping. The lack of insulation makes for a cold night. If you have to use a mattress, take an extra sleeping bag zipped closed to sleep on.

If your camping at least a couple of times a year, a good insulated sleeping is a solid investment. The Exped synmat duo (two person pad) is compact and fairly comfortable. I like that each side can be pumped up separately so when one person is moving/rolling over, the other one doesn't bounce up and down. I have the long/wide version of the one in the video and it's much bigger. Looks about a foot wider. Fills up a 2P MSR tent.

As fair as dry bags go, the Wolfman Expedition dry bags are a SOLID piece of kit. I use a med size and put my whole camp in it. In my dry bag I pack a 2P tent, air pad, two stoves, two air pillows, 9x11 rain fly, 2 sleeping bags (down), two telescoping poles, a lawn chair and some small odds and ends. Can't recommend the Wolfman bag enough.

Exped SynMat Duo Sleeping Pad Video

The bags come in black or yellow. The three sizes pictured below. They are all the same diameter just different widths.

@302w
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top