Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2015 9:44:57 PM EDT
OK, first question:   Whatever happened to that GREAT (especially the .308 Win Match) IMI unloaded brass Wiedener's used to sell a few years ago? Great stuff, but it's like all the IMI components just dried up. Anybody still sell their components???

Second question:   WHERE the F is all the component .308 brass???? It seems that .308Win and 357 Mag are just non-existent, but I can get .223, 45acp, 9mm, etc. any time.

Seriously, what gives? Ammo is plentiful on the shelf these days, where are the components???
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 9:46:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: goldeyeslayer] [#1]
cabelas has a shit ton of Winchester

eta:  website shows oos.  local store has a bunch
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 9:56:20 PM EDT
[#2]
MidwayUSA has Lapua 308 brass and it's been on sale for $65.00/100
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 10:19:04 PM EDT
[#3]
If you don't mind once fired, Monmouth brass has a pretty good price on lake city at the moment. Diamond k had the .357 one fired.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 12:38:25 PM EDT
[#4]
The only thing great about IMI brass was it's price and the fact that it is very close in spec to Lake City surplus except it's new.

The actual brass quality was no better than Lake City and a little bit softer. Lake City and IMI brass is great for use in semi-auto's because of the heavier construction. Winchester and Lapua would be my first pick for a bolt action.

Widener's seems to have the importation of IMI locked up, as nobody else ever seems to get the stuff new from Israel. I buy as much as they let me whenever it becomes available. They almost always limit each person to 1 or 2k when it becomes available.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 8:25:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By supv26:
MidwayUSA has Lapua 308 brass and it's been on sale for $65.00/100
View Quote

Thanks for the heads-up.  That's a good price
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 10:32:13 PM EDT
[#6]
There has been no general distribution of Win 308, but as noted Cabelas has had some at times.    Winchester is getting some more brass out there.  222/223/270/30-06 have seen some 243 and 22-250.

There is nosler, norma, Hornady, slover state armory, and Prvi Partizan 308 brass out there.

No Winny 357 but there is some Starline 357 out there....  Have seen Remington factory primed brass out there too
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:46:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:
The only thing great about IMI brass was it's price and the fact that it is very close in spec to Lake City surplus except it's new.

The actual brass quality was no better than Lake City and a little bit softer. Lake City and IMI brass is great for use in semi-auto's because of the heavier construction. Winchester and Lapua would be my first pick for a bolt action.

Widener's seems to have the importation of IMI locked up, as nobody else ever seems to get the stuff new from Israel. I buy as much as they let me whenever it becomes available. They almost always limit each person to 1 or 2k when it becomes available.
View Quote

I liked it, and both my semis and my Mauser Bolt gun loved it. As in .5MOA with 175gr Sierras loved (with the Mauser).

I'll just have to get in touch with IWI/IMI and see.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:36:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By heavymetal762:

I liked it, and both my semis and my Mauser Bolt gun loved it. As in .5MOA with 175gr Sierras loved (with the Mauser).

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By heavymetal762:
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:

Most people get their best accuracy with Lapua followed and sometimes equaled by match prepped Winchester. I buy Winchester whenever I can because it holds more powder than any other brand and it's considerably cheaper than Lapua. .

Contact Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply and ask them if they have a lead time for more IMI brass. They are the only place I have ever been able to get that brass.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top