Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/22/2019 5:32:20 PM
Posted: 11/18/2014 12:33:02 AM EDT
This one really caught my eye, anyone care to comment. Can you go wrong with a Tikka?
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:36:56 AM EDT
Tikkas a great rifle.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:39:18 AM EDT
Great rifles. I don't care for the plastic stocks though.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:28:32 AM EDT
Are you guys able to find the CTR in stores? Im looking to make it my next purchase, but I want to inspect it before ordering.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 7:53:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/18/2014 7:54:30 AM EDT by Stantonizm]
Based on reviews here I'm strongly considering one as a dual purpose deer hunting/ lite precision rifle. Haven't seen one in person yet though.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:21:18 AM EDT
I like mine. Can't complain about much. I do have one problem. With 178 grain amax at a higher charger, the magazine is disengaging. Im not sure why. I think it's because the cutout on the magazine isn't engaging the catch right. I've got to look at it closer and figure out why or if I need to send it in. Otherwise, it works on every other bullet I try.

Out of the box, I tested it with remington core lokt 150 grain (what I had laying around) and it shoots nickle sized groups at 100 yards. I can't complain about the stock. It's not cheap feeling like the stock that came on my Savage FVSR. It feels pretty good- similar in feel to a Browning X bolt. For hunting and scratching up, it's just fine. Seems rigid enough. It doesn't feel cheap to me.

I have a Harvester on mine. It cuts recoil down to 223 level. I'd buy another in a heart beat.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:03:27 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bad_company2:
Are you guys able to find the CTR in stores? Im looking to make it my next purchase, but I want to inspect it before ordering.
View Quote

Yep, one of my local gun shops had the CTR in .308 and .260. I picked up the .260 but haven't shot it yet. I was so tempted to just buy both.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:53:36 PM EDT
I have the t3 scout CTR from a few years ago, prior them stopping imports, then changing the design, and re-importing the new ones.

Mine is fantastic. Exceptionally accurate out of the box. The stock that is on it works and is free-floated, though I would like to upgrade some day.

I like the fact that the new ones have the metal 10 rd mag vs the 5 rd plastic ones that it used to ship with, and wish that mine was threaded, as it will likely need it some day.

I would not hesitate to recommend one. Mine is a little heavy to lug around the woods, but it looks like the new version has a little smaller diameter barrel profile so it should be a little more manageable. I also have a larger scope on mine so it doesn't lend itself to hunting on the move at all.

OP, If you have never handled a Tikka and worked the action, prepare to fall in love when you finally do. Cycle it one time and you'll become a believer.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:38:48 AM EDT
can add on stocks for regular tikka t3s fit the CTR?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:43:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/25/2014 9:44:38 AM EDT by avboiler11]
Originally Posted By trackstarpre:
View Quote

CTRs have different bottom metal than "regular" T3s to accommodate the Sako TRG magazine it uses...so the stock will "fit", but the CTR bottom metal won't fit a standard T3 DBM inlet without a little stock work.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:20:39 AM EDT
Originally Posted By avboiler11:

CTRs have different bottom metal than "regular" T3s to accommodate the Sako TRG magazine it uses...so the stock will "fit", but the CTR bottom metal won't fit a standard T3 DBM inlet without a little stock work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By avboiler11:
Originally Posted By trackstarpre:

ahh okay...thats for the info i appreciate it!
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:06:49 AM EDT
TRG 22 mags? Did they lower the price?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:27:26 PM EDT
I don't know if they have the CTR mags, but Beretta USA has 25% off for Black Friday and they have regular Tikka T3 mags.
Top Top