Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2015 11:22:57 PM EDT
I've read some reviews of the Steiner T5Xi 5-25s, and they aren't exactly glowing, but I'm wondering if there are a few getting out past QC that are having problems, or is it all of them?  I like the scopes just from what I've seen online, but the problems they've had is making me hesitate on actually buying one.  I do need a new optic for another rifle I bought, so far I've considered another Razor Gen I, and a Bushnell ERS, but I keep wondering about the Steiner.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 8:59:20 AM EDT
[#1]
While I don't personally have one; I believe the majority of this internet hoopla is coming from 2 sources.

One; Internet trolls in the industry. Two; consumers that do not know how the scope is supposed to function; ie not setting the ocular properly.

If I liked their reticles, I'd buy one without worry.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 12:31:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ARmory04:
While I don't personally have one; I believe the majority of this internet hoopla is coming from 2 sources.

One; Internet trolls in the industry. Two; consumers that do not know how the scope is supposed to function; ie not setting the ocular properly.

View Quote

I bought a steiner 1-4 on a great deal. I also own some stiner 10x binos. I can say that in my experience steiner's costumer service is great. My binos lost a screw that holds te caps and they took care of it no questions asked .

I own several schmidt and benders and a vcog. I have bought and sold a Leupold mk6. I think the clarity on the 1-4 is excellent. I wouldn't hesitate on trying one out based on my experiences with steiner but I understand if you want to look through one before you buy it.    

the g2 reticle in a 3-12x50 for $1099 from euro optics seems like a great deal
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 7:44:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree that the 3-12 is an awesome deal, I just need more magnification.  I'm just concerned that the T5Xi has issues, I have 3 FFP scopes right now, and I've never had an issue getting the parallax adjusted, I understand that every manufacturer will have an odd issue here and there.  I just don't want some screwed up parallax deal, that they tell me is within spec.  I guess I'm just trying to talk myself into one!
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 10:17:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By CIB:
I agree that the 3-12 is an awesome deal, I just need more magnification.  I'm just concerned that the T5Xi has issues, I have 3 FFP scopes right now, and I've never had an issue getting the parallax adjusted, I understand that every manufacturer will have an odd issue here and there.  I just don't want some screwed up parallax deal, that they tell me is within spec.  I guess I'm just trying to talk myself into one!
View Quote

If you know scopes, know them; I would get one. I bet it works as it should, and if not, they are definitely supporting their line.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:21:18 PM EDT
[#5]
T5xi kinda sucks mostly because the reticle is best described as gray scale which sucks for anything other than paper punching. The illumination looks like an eotech, grainy as fuck, which is fine for a cqb optic but not a for a precision scope. I looked through one a friend bought and the ocular was set right he sent it back and got a refund.There is a crap load of them for sale on the snipers hide EE for a reason. I was really looking forward to this scope but it has been the biggest let down of the year so far. I ended up finding a used Steiner 4-16 that is in the same line as the 3-12s on euro and it looks great so far. I would try to find a mil buddy and get a lupy 3-18 instead.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:30:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rtpguy] [#6]

View Quote

Looks like some QC issues to me, no?  (Hint - check the reticle placement left to right)
Check the 'I Love my Steiner' thread on SH for more..
There is now a Steiner rep in there trying to make things right (which is good), but this isn't the first issue I've seen people posting about..

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:01:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By rtpguy:

Looks like some QC issues to me, no?  (Hint - check the reticle placement left to right)
There is now a Steiner rep in there trying to make things right (which is good), but this isn't the first issue I've seen people posting about..

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h270/dm2596/steiner_zpsshp8webn.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rtpguy:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h270/dm2596/steiner_zpsshp8webn.jpg

Dang...
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:18:35 PM EDT
[#8]
i passed on this optic due to less than stellar reviews, 2 guys that are go to guys on scopes recommended the Vortex Razor gen1 over the Steiner, so i ordered the Vortex. i truly hope Steiner can get this scope reliable, another thing i thought was odd, is that you get free stuff for a good review on Steiner s website, i could be wrong
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 8:53:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By votefromrooftops:
i passed on this optic due to less than stellar reviews, 2 guys that are go to guys on scopes recommended the Vortex Razor gen1 over the Steiner, so i ordered the Vortex. i truly hope Steiner can get this scope reliable, another thing i thought was odd, is that you get free stuff for a good review on Steiner s website, i could be wrong
View Quote

Me too, in the end I decided that they wouldn't be worth the hassle if I got one that wasn't right.  Plus resale looks like it has taken a hit too.  Bought a Bushy ERS instead.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top