Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2016 4:46:51 PM EDT
I am wanting to buy a 308 for target shooting out to around 800 yards. I have always been a Remington 700 fan and own several that I hunt with but have read where Remington is having some quality control issues. I have never owned a savage but have read good things. The only thing I have read about the 11vt is the bolt release on bottom and finding after market stocks to fit. I am not wanting to spend a lot at first because I want to customize as I go. Please give me some feed back on these models or others in this price range and help me decide.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 4:56:29 PM EDT
[#1]

My Rems

700 VSSF 22-250 I found the accuracy to be lacking.

1100 shotgun- every time I assembled/disassembled it it ate an o-ring.

7600- sighting it in new- the pump action would fly open and basically half cycle the action. CS told me"that's for quick follow up shots."

Long story short- I got my money back.

My Savages- just a 110 cheapo in 06.   No problems.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:03:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Obrez] [#2]
I will never recommend a Remington product again. Go savage. Savages tend to be a bit less smooth in my experience but a far better rifle overall.

If you change your mind about customizing as you go and don't mind waiting, jump at a barreled DGR from Shilen. Expensive, but worth it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top