Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2016 10:00:35 AM EDT
Just looking to find out what magazines will actually work in the RPR.
What have you tried that worked / what did NOT work.

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 10:55:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Any DPMS pattern should work but won't necessarily give you long enough OAL depending on your load.  ASC mags have a long OAL but quality is hit and miss.  I bought 4 and only 1 would lock in consistently.

AICS compatible mags will work and will give a longer OAL.  I just bought a 10 round Magpul AICS mag and it works great.  Plenty of room for me to load my .243 with 107 match kings and hit the lands, and it feeds incredibly smooth.  I will be buying more.  Can't beat it for the price.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:16:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I've tried the Magpul 10rd thru 25rd LR/SR, Lancer 20rd  L7 AWM, Accurate Mag 5rd and 10rd, Alpha Industries 10rd. The Alpha, because of its double stack single feed design is tight going into the mag well. Besides that it functions like all the others I've tried.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:37:48 PM EDT
[#3]
All mags I've tried have worked. I've tried Magpul, DPMS, and M14.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 5:46:29 PM EDT
[#4]
308 magpul magazines work (normal or aics), MDT mags work
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 6:03:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Accurate Aics pattern mags. Magpul aics pattern. PMAGs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top