Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2016 9:11:05 PM EDT
Several years ago I reloaded a bunch of .30-06 using the single stage press.  Since then I acquired a Lee Turret press and decided it was time to load up some more .30-06.  I installed the dies in the turret plate.  I went to set the initial bullet seating depth by using an original .30-06 ball cartridge to set the initial bullet seating depth.  However, I find that the cartridge won't clear the bottom of the bullet seating die.  If I raise the seating die high enough for the bullet to clear it, then it is too high and won't seat the bullet far enough into the case.  This was a surprise to me.  I can see on YouTube that people are using the Lee Turret press to load .30-06 and they don't seem to have this problem.  Am I overlooking something?  What am I missing?  Any ideas?
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:18:57 PM EDT
tip it
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:08:59 AM EDT
Never mind.  Within minutes of posting my message, I got it all figured out.  Basically, i have to pull the cartridge out before I rotate the turret from the bullet seating die to the crimping die, then re-insert the cartridge and crimp it.  I also pulled out the center spindle, or whatever it is called, so that I rotate the turret by hand.  Anyway, between posting the original message and this reply, I loaded 88 cartridges.
Top Top