Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2016 9:55:25 AM EST
My young son is a lefty. I purchased a Rem 700 lefty. He really likes a Hunter stock I have on on of my righty 700's. Looking at the stock, I could route the opposite site for the bolt rest, but am I missing anything else? I'm not seeing anything that particularly jumps out at me, but I'm not a smith.

If I add bottom metal, will the Magpul mag's feed ok?

Looking to the ARFCOM experts for advise.

Before asked:

The kid likes 700's
Yes, he can shoot a righty but this will be his rifle so he got what he likes
Yes, we have looked at other options including stockysstocks.com. He wants (if possible) a Hunter Stock.

Thank you all for any input.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 5:37:58 PM EST
I don't see why not, the trouble would be keeping a good angle on the cut out for the bolt, and a spot just Infront of the ejection port/action will you be doing it by hand or with a milling machine?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:53:06 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LeadRX:
I don't see why not, the trouble would be keeping a good angle on the cut out for the bolt, and a spot just Infront of the ejection port/action will you be doing it by hand or with a milling machine?
View Quote

By hand. I've been looking at it, now not so sure I can pull it off. I have a smith here locally; I may ask him if he's willing to take on the project.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 4:57:38 AM EST
Any updates on this project? I'm thinking of tackling it myself.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:44:17 PM EST
No updates.  Planning on having a buddy help me after the holidays.  Not sure what to expect but I've been told its doable.  
Top Top