Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2017 11:52:37 AM EDT
Anyone seen any of these for sale or digital download. Just curious and would love to watch it but I know Magpul discontinued it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 12:05:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes they're good
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 12:19:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 10mmillie:
Yes they're good
View Quote
Problem is I can't find any to buy lol
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 10:27:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dj1975232] [#3]
Not my ad but there is a copy for sale in the EE DVD section right now.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:09:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I really don't think it offers much useful information.  It was pretty much an Ad for a few products and really didn't have much meat and potatoes as far as shooting.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 11:34:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By TeeRex:
I really don't think it offers much useful information.  It was pretty much an Ad for a few products and really didn't have much meat and potatoes as far as shooting.
View Quote
I second this.  It was okay, though Hodnett went overboard with the hole Horus reticles sales bit.  Are Horus reticle useful?  Sure are.  Are there many other options available that don't require an extra 300.00 "licensing" fee?  Sure are.  

There were a couple of segments with Caylen Wojcik (former USMC Scout Sniper and now an instructor for Magpul), which were very good.  

If you can find them cheap enough, they're worth a watch.  

I believe there's much better training videos on Sniper's Hide.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 6:40:33 PM EDT
[#6]
The car door as a dry erase board was worth the price.

I thought the rest of the DVD was good too.

I don't get to shoot long range very often so it's a good reminder
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 1:10:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 03RN:
The car door as a dry erase board was worth the price.
View Quote
LOL! I agree.

Todd Hodnett shares some good philosophy that is internally consistent.  Topics are broken up sequentially so they watch like chapters on a book.  It is quite high level compared to some much more granular youtube series / 101 content / snipershide that you've probably seen, however it makes up for it in the production quality (less the dry erase board )

I thought it was one of the better of the magpul series.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 7:48:10 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't trust anyone except my mother and sometimes I question her character!  Wasn't that one of their promotional ads?
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:56:59 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote
This. Sniper101 on YouTube is far more useful and free.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 8:54:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By STRIKE504:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Not a fan of that either.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 9:27:13 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote
No.

That guys stuff is horrible and his gear selection recommendations are 1990's state of the art.

The magpul video is worth it just for the section on how to set up in prone. Caylen and Hodnett both cover it.

Some of the best content being put out now is from 8541 Tactical on Youtube. Former Marine Scout Sniper, current LE sniper and an active competitor. He knows his shit and presents it well.

For the basics of things like MOA vs Mil google: NSSF Ryan Cleckner
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 7:19:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I have the DVD set. Very good compilation of info. The best part was the explanation of wind holds in quick math that you can do in your head.

I wouldn’t say there is anything specifically taught that can’t be found on YouTube between 8541 Tactical and 6.5 Guys.
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 9:44:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Harlikwin] [#13]
Originally Posted By 10mmillie:
Yes they're good
View Quote
LOL... its an hour long commercial...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top