Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2015 1:45:06 PM EDT
I should have asked BEFORE I sent the scope in... BUT...

I sent in a MK IV to have the illuminated DUPLEX changed out to the illuminated TMR.

Anyone ever do a reticle swap and then have issues with the scope?

Cost is $159.00.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 3:50:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Well...after Nightforce does a reticle change, they put it thru the same 70 point rigorous inspection process as all their new scopes. I can't imagine Leupold doesn't at least check their work. Call and ask, but I would not hesitate any whatsoever to send in a scope to a manufacturer, be it NF, Leupold, Vortex, Trijicon or whomever.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 8:19:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I have had a mildot reticle installed and knobs. Leupold is GTG!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 9:12:04 AM EDT
[#3]
i've had areticle and turret change with no issues.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:28:37 PM EDT
[#4]
How did you contact them to have the work done?

I have a VX-III that I'd love to have a new reticle for and nobody responded to my form submission
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:12:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had Leupold repair a chipped objective lens on one scope and replace a reticle on a spotting scope. No problems.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:53:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I've had only one service experience with Leupold over the course of forty years.  It arose from field damage to the eyepiece of a hunting scope when my horse stumbled and fell.  Turn around time was about two weeks total.  It was not a warranty claim.  They had to examine the scope to quote cost.  It was reasonable.  I authorized repair.  When it came back it looked new, but a couple cosmetic marks assured me it was the same scope.  It has performed flawlessly.   Oddly, they charged me only for return shipping and "comp'd" the repair!

This was some time ago.  I don't have a current experience.  To do your change, they will have to go beyond the internal seals and will have to purge and refill the main tube with argon gas or whatever they use.  I would find it likely that they would replace the seals and inspect carefully, as your lifetime warranty would still be in full effect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top