Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2015 9:10:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kavants]
Looking for a new optic for my 16" Larue Stealth. I'm liking the Leupold Mark AR Mod 1 6-18x40. Can anyone give me some feedback on this scope? I've read good things but looking for first hand experience. I can't afford more than around $500 for the optic so please don't tell me to just get a NF, S&B, etc.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 8:40:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Here you go.  Scroll down to the section about the various price categories.  You will see that the Mark AR 6-18x40 is highly regarded.  I do not have one, but have seen them at the range and gotten behind one that belongs to a friend.  It is probably the best option in its price slot.

http://precisionrifleblog.com/2013/03/07/best-long-range-scopes-buyers-guide-and-features-to-look-for/

Link Posted: 12/15/2015 9:38:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been using one for the past year on a Tikka T3 CTR .260 bolt gun and really like it.  The glass is clear and the turrets have a nice firm click to each turn.  I regularly shoot from 100 - 1000 yards and have zero issues with the scope.

Link Posted: 12/15/2015 2:47:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, I knew I read that somewhere and couldn't find the article.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MS556:
Here you go.  Scroll down to the section about the various price categories.  You will see that the Mark AR 6-18x40 is highly regarded.  I do not have one, but have seen them at the range and gotten behind one that belongs to a friend.  It is probably the best option in its price slot.

http://precisionrifleblog.com/2013/03/07/best-long-range-scopes-buyers-guide-and-features-to-look-for/

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/15/2015 6:55:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I got one for a 6.5 Grendel. I've been very happy with it and think it is a fantastic value considering the features it has.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 7:22:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I own one and use it more at the range than anything else. Very clear glass, I like it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 2:08:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I have that exact scope on my RR Varmint A4 and it is the perfect setup. I have it set to zero at 100 and shooting 55g VMAX factory Hornady loads when I turn the turret to read 450 yards that where is shoots dead on. This scope impresses for for the price point.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:32:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MS556] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rdsinger:
I have that exact scope on my RR Varmint A4 and it is the perfect setup. I have it set to zero at 100 and shooting 55g VMAX factory Hornady loads when I turn the turret to read 450 yards that where is shoots dead on. This scope impresses for for the price point.
View Quote

I thought it had MRAD turret with numbers in mils and .1 mil per click.  Does it have 5.56 yardage dial also?
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:47:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got the 3-9x version and I'm very happy with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top