Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2022 8:01:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tranquility]
For years I have been using a PowerPoint presentation made by Steve from 6.5 Guys for dryfire practice with my Dry Fire Training Adapter (knockoff IOTA) lens and laptop computer. It's great. It has about ten slides and takes about 20 minutes. I switch it up using different positions, dialing, holding, etc. but I would love to have more of these.

Does anyone have any they would like to share? I would like to make my own but don't have the powerpoint skills.

This is a slide from what I am using now:
Attachment Attached File

It is available for download on this page:
http://www.65guys.com/dry-fire-practice-and-the-indoor-optical-training-aid-iota/

On a side note my next house is having longer open spaces or my next scope is going to have a shorter minimum focal distance. The adapter is great but not having to use it would be even better.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 11:46:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MSC182] [#1]
That’s an interesting way to dry fire. I use the IDTS but it’s kind of a pain to set up and take down if you don’t have a place to leave it permanently (I don’t). Also lighting can be difficult as you can get glare on the banner.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 1:01:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tranquility] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MSC182:
That’s an interesting way to dry fire. I use the IDTS but it’s kind of a pain to set up and take down if you don’t have a place to leave it permanently (I don’t). Also lighting can be difficult as you can get glare on the banner.
View Quote

A computer monitor helps with lighting.

The PowerPoint is cool because it has time pressure, the targets appear in roughly the same place so you don't have to swing around to see them, and it has movers.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 4:26:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn ARFCOM costing me money again.

I sent a PM to 264shooter on the hide and see if he is still making these or not.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 8:16:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tranquility] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By stanprophet09:
Damn ARFCOM costing me money again.

I sent a PM to 264shooter on the hide and see if he is still making these or not.
View Quote

It is the most useful training accessory that I own and probably also the cheapest.

Not to go on forever about it or anything but Steve's powerpoint has nine slides. Most slides get about 8 to 10 shots. When I get into it and stay dedicated to dry firing I sometimes do a couple cycles a day. I try for 20 minutes to grab my rifle, slap the lens on, and set up a bag/chair/table/tripod/whatever and work on a technique.

Link Posted: 1/9/2022 8:52:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tranquility] [#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top