Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/3/2015 10:15:22 PM EST
Wondering what the experiences out there have been...I only 'need' a 41" long rifle to fit (20" AAC-SD), but getting a bit tired of feeling like I'm lugging the kitchen sink along every time I go shoot, so the idea of a combo drag bag + shooting mat kind of grabs me, assuming the mat is decent quality, and in 'bag' fashion holds the rifle and optics securely.

I've seen the Galati, Eberlestock, and Eagle bags, or at least pictures of them.
I've also seen the Triad tactical bag, which has a small-ish seeming mat that tucks away in it.

Besides the Eberlestock being $$$$, it's too long by a solid 11", or I might consider it, if it also served as a good shooting mat.

What I can't quite tell is if any of these (if there are others, please let me know), is if they make decent shooting mats, including ideally somewhere to preload/push the bipod against?

Any feedback on any of the above?

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 1:04:35 AM EST
My Tactical Operations drag bag has a mat which folds in to the bag, it measures 48"x 25" and is padded well enough to be comfortable on gravel or small stones, it doesn't have any provision for anchoring a bipod.

They come in small and large. Europtic has the specifications.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:18:12 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/18/2015 9:20:37 PM EST by LiveFree482]
I got one from Midway USA for less than $80. Fits my 18" SPR perfectly and folds out to quite a large mat.

Midway USA bag
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:42:30 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LiveFree482:
I got one from Midway USA for less than $80. Fits my 18" SPR perfectly and folds out to quite a large mat.

Midway USA bag
View Quote

Not a bad find, but seems somewhat big - although your 18" SPR should be shorter than my R700 AAC-SD (~40").
Do they make a 42-45" version, or any chance for a pic and OAL of your rifle?

The TacOps bag is nice.
Still going back and forth, and meanwhile I've picked up a fairly decent shooting mat, so still debating more or less - ditch the mat and pick up a bag/mat combo, or keep the mat + add a minimal drag bag that will hold the mat well enough to be a real 'grab and go' vs 'need to grab something else, etc.'
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:17:00 PM EST
Originally Posted By rtpguy:

Not a bad find, but seems somewhat big - although your 18" SPR should be shorter than my R700 AAC-SD (~40").

The TacOps bag is nice.
Still going back and forth, and meanwhile I've picked up a fairly decent shooting mat, so still debating more or less - ditch the mat and pick up a bag/mat combo, or keep the mat + add a minimal drag bag that will hold the mat well enough to be a real 'grab and go' vs 'need to grab something else, etc.'
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rtpguy:
Originally Posted By LiveFree482:

Midway USA bag

The TacOps bag is nice.

OAL of my rifle w/ saker is 43"

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:54:44 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/20/2015 12:55:38 PM EST by OhioLongRange]
i have and HARD used 2 to 4 times a week, all summer, the Gallitti for 10 years now, with 15 to 22 pound guns in it... its still perfect....
Top Top