Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2022 1:06:09 PM EDT
What’s your optimum bipod height range for prone field shooting? Hilly grassy environment. I am considering a Harris 6-9” or a 9-13”
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 3:30:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 7:54:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I run an Atlas prs with the 6.5"-9.5" legs, have had zero issues with it..if I needed more height, I would just buy the  Leg extensions....

https://www.accu-shot.com/catalog_new/accessories-official-manufacturer/70-bt22-atlas-3-leg-extensions.html
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 8:00:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bluemax_1] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AKSnowRider:
I run an Atlas prs with the 6.5"-9.5" legs, have had zero issues with it..if I needed more height, I would just buy the  Leg extensions....

https://www.accu-shot.com/catalog_new/accessories-official-manufacturer/70-bt22-atlas-3-leg-extensions.html
View Quote

One of the advantages to the PRS (or any bipod that has a 45-degree keg position) is that you can go with the longer legs and use the 45-degree position if you want the rifle lower.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 12:31:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm 5'8", so 6-9s work for me. I have 3 Harris 6-9s and one 9-13 and the latter is just too tall for me.

My Sako TRG bipod seems a bit taller, at the minimum, but it still works well.

Chris
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 5:50:34 PM EDT
[#5]
6-9 works well for flat or downhill shots but can be an issue if you have to shoot uphill.  I have both and use the 9-13 more often.

Link Posted: 4/20/2022 10:14:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Depends on how thick you are ;)

I use the 6-9 primarily but its always nice to have options for weird scenarios.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 10:10:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I’ve gotten to the point that my 6-9 is for the bench only.

Whether it is elevation change, grass, or something else’s. The extra height helps get over it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 10:55:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ELHEFEII:
What’s your optimum bipod height range for prone field shooting? Hilly grassy environment. I am considering a Harris 6-9” or a 9-13”
View Quote
I have both.  At any point in time, one is on my rifle and the other is in the rifle bag.  They attach/detach quickly and easily enough (sling stud) that a change in the field is simple.  So in typical ARFcom fashion, the best advice is "Get both!"  Having said that, carrying both around will increase the cost and weight of your gear.  You will likely get one and then some period of time later get the other...  

The one I use most in the field is the 9-13.  The 6-9 sees most of its use on a bench.  It's nice having both.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top