Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2015 3:04:03 PM EDT
Looking for best source for 168gr match bullets (just bullets - not loaded cartridges). Sierra MatchKing or equivalent HPBT. Thx.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 4:16:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the same question, but also can someone please explain to me what the difference between non-coated and Molly bullets? Is it not to leave any copper in the barrel, which can in turn make the bullet less accurate because it is spitting out w/e was left in the barrel from the last round?
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 4:46:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out rockymountainreloading.com

Txl
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 8:06:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: borderpatrol] [#3]
Widener's or Powder Valley usually has 1000 bullet boxes of Nosler .308 168 grain Custom Competition bullets for $235.00 plus shipping. This is the best deal available on premium grade bullets.

Sierra 168's are over $150.00 for a 500 bullet box.

You don't want or need moly-coated bullets.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:14:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GrkShooter:

I have the same question, but also can someone please explain to me what the difference between non-coated and Molly bullets? Is it not to leave any copper in the barrel, which can in turn make the bullet less accurate because it is spitting out w/e was left in the barrel from the last round?
View Quote

http://riflemansjournal.blogspot.com/2009/09/moly-coating-salazar.html

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:33:26 PM EDT
[#5]
MidwayUSA has Hornady Match 168 on sale. 500 is $109.45.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:45:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By supv26:
View Quote

I need a link to that one, because all i find is that their 500 and 100 bulk is sold out or on back order. Only thing that is in stock is the molly coated rounds, which one person said it is not needed at all
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:18:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: supv26] [#7]

I need a link to that one, because all i find is that their 500 and 100 bulk is sold out or on back order. Only thing that is in stock is the molly coated rounds, which one person said it is not needed at all
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Well crap!! That sale is over! I was looking at those just last night and put them into my cart and was going to order them this morning! I pull up my cart this morning and they are not on sale!!!
Sorry
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:47:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Well crap!! That sale is over! I was looking at those just last night and put them into my cart and was going to order them this morning! I pull up my cart this morning and they are not on sale!!!
Sorry
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Sorry

Was on yesterday there too, was doing some research, and it was the same situation. Sold out, other than the molley coated rounds.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:16:05 PM EDT
[#9]
You can use moly coated, they just cost more. They sometimes need more neck tension because they're slippery.

Moly coated (and other dry lubes) have gone in and out of fashion several times in the last fifty years.

I like plain bullets, they work fine for me and my wallet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top