Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2016 10:00:05 PM EDT
So I have been looking around like a mad man for published data and have had no luck. Is Superformance to new or what? There is some data in the Hornady book but Im looking into reloading 140 gr BTHP Nosler etc..... Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 6:29:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Start on the low end of the data for 140 amax bullets, and work your way up.

Or if you want something more common and has more info available look into RL17
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 7:25:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MS556] [#2]
Here is a link with somebody else's data.  I don't load for 6.5 Creedmoor, so I do not vouch for any of this.  Just supplying info.  As usual, start low and work up, observing all safety precautions.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f28/6-5-creedmoor-superformance-powder-145940/

I do use Superformance powder in some other applications.  It is not the powder they use in their proprietary finished ammo by the same name.  I'm not convinced that it offers better velocity at safe pressure levels with the loads I'm working with.  But, like you, I have some, and am trying to see what it can do.  Not really impressed so far in .280 Remington or 7mm Rem Mag.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top