Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2016 2:40:14 PM EDT
Howdy!
I have a batch of Winchester cases that produce good accuracy for me. However, many are getting hard to chamber and extract. I see that there are magnum case body dies out there that can resize the case right above the belt. One is a collet die by Innovative Technologies and the other is a Redding body die. It appears that both do the job. Anybody have experience with both and can recommend one over the other?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 9:42:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Even the Redding body die will take care of those cases.

Do inspect the thickness above the belt to make sure they are not getting thin.

I also recommend the incremental shell holders to control the headspace dimension when you shoulder bump.

The collet dies work great but you will often find that after a number of cycles, depending on the chamber, you will definitely want to make sure to inspect and size the body.

I just did a quick Midway search and that one is on back order for a few weeks, but here are the quick search results.

http://www.larrywillis.com/300winmag.html

https://www.natchezss.com/rbd-300-win-mag.html
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 7:51:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I just run them through a full length sizing die once they get sticky.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:44:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:
I just run them through a full length sizing die once they get sticky.
View Quote

This but just enough that they chamber with no resistance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top