Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2009 11:01:08 AM EDT
Tryed walleye for the first time at my father in laws house over the 4th and I love it. Any local CO people know of a good place to go walleye fishing whaere you can actualy eat the fish? So far all the lakes I have found have mercury warnings, so your suposed to eat very little or none of the fish.
Link Posted: 7/14/2009 2:08:02 AM EDT
[#1]
My buddy said that Chaitfield Res was pretty good! Just bounce a worm off the bottom...
Link Posted: 7/18/2009 8:49:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Most places will have fish consumption advisories, unless your a young child or pregnant, you should be fine if you eat it a couple time a month or less.  I know Horsetooth Reservoir has 'eyes, I have heard to fish off of the points.  Carter Lake I know also holds Walleye.  Check out the link below for Colo fishing info.

http://www.fishexplorer.com/default.asp
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 7:52:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Where are you at in CO?  I was thinking of going tonight up around Fort Collins.  

I have had good luck at Carter and Horsetooth.  We went up to Horsetooth on Wed and ran some crawler harnesses on lead line and caught a couple smallies during the day.  About 1.5 hrs in we got slammed by the storm so we got off the water ASAP!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top