Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2008 5:37:55 AM EDT
thats pretty much it, someone else on here must have one. Arrow length is 29" with 100gr. heads-thanks for any help
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:01:52 AM EDT
[#1]
340's
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:50:38 AM EDT
[#2]
any brand or vanes in mind? I can read the beman chart, I guess I should of asked what you think the best arrow for this bow would be. I could use the help of someone who has tried a couple different combinations.Any one have a specific opinion?-thanks
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 8:32:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I think you'll have your best results by buying the straightest, most properly spined arrows you can.  At least within an amount you are willing to spend.

Every bow is a little different from the next, along with shooting styles.  So it's kind of hard to say that since it's perfect for one person, it will be perfect for another.

Once you buy a quality arrow, you can tweak the length of it and your point weight to get different results.

Are you looking for a speed shaft, or a line cutter/target shaft, hunting, carbon, aluminum, alloy/carbon, etc?

Link Posted: 10/17/2008 4:06:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I need a quality carbon hunting arrow. I got Carbon Revolution's speed pro max arrows when I bought this bow because thats what the dealer highly recommended. Now these are no longer available. I think they were around $160 a dozen cut and fletched with inserts. I thought I had 6 left in my case to get me through this season but I can't find them anywhere. I'll be leaving for Ohio in a week or so and I would feel better if I had more than 8 arrows.

ETA Had I known about the situation with these arrows back in July I would have switched them out long ago. The timing couldn't be any worse
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 4:10:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
...snip... I'll be leaving for Ohio in a week ...snip...

There are no big deer around here anymore.  They all moved to Indiana.

Link Posted: 10/17/2008 4:12:59 PM EDT
[#6]
um I think I saw a couple pretty good ones in the southeast part of the state when I was there last year

edit; hey what part are you from anyway?
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 4:15:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
um I think I saw a couple pretty good ones in the southeast part of the state when I was there last year

I know, I'm just being greedy.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 4:17:55 PM EDT
[#8]
We can only take one any way I'm trying to see if I can stay through gun season just in case
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 4:20:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 4:30:16 PM EDT
[#10]
340 spline................but not the same numbers in all arrows by the way.

If you just want a decent hunting arrows the Beeman Ics hunters are cheap and great arrows and you would use a 340.

Link Posted: 10/17/2008 4:35:20 PM EDT
[#11]
thanks guys hopefully I can find time to retune if I need to and get fixed up. Good luck out there this season and be safe-Steve
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top