Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2009 7:22:45 AM EST
I've got a general class ham license, so I can use 1.2GHz legally. Question i have is how to legally use it for small tv camera on a radio controlled aircraft.

for example, http://www.raidentech.com/miwicocaspyc.html

The reason I'm interested, is the majority of rc uses 2.4GHz, and a tv on the same frequency is asking for a crash.

So, can I transmit NTSC signal on this band? (regulations as I read them says voice and data on 1.2GHz)

How do I self identify?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:20:54 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/17/2009 8:21:29 AM EST by Gamma762]
Yes, there are amateur TV channels in the 1.2GHz bandplan, 3 of them I think off the top of my head.

There are ATV transmitters or controllers available that superimpose your callsign on the transmitted signal to provide continuous identification. I've never really messed with amateur TV.

I don't know if they're still available but years ago there were some inexpensive 900MHz part 15 TV transmitters available.. "Rabbit" comes to mind.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:52:51 AM EST
The Videolynx 434 is exactly what you need. It uses the 70cm band so you don't have to worry about it interfering with the R/C control, and you can recieve it on any cable-ready TV via Channel 59.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:59:26 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/22/2009 4:16:02 AM EST by dablues]
Thanks !

I appreciate the replies.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:53:03 PM EST
You might want to dig through the ham tv site mentioned in this forum thread and see what you can find.

Top Top