Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2009 3:21:19 PM EDT
Anyone know where you can get a pedal powerd faucet or faucet/basin combo unit?

What would be great would be one that was convertible that would either be a basin/tank/faucet unit for use in the field, or that you could take apart to just the tank & the faucet & attach it to your kitchen basin if bugging in.  

BTW, is there reallly such a thing as non-potable wash water?  I mean, if it is so bad that you can't drink it, why is it going to be sufficient for washing & rinsing?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 3:51:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Im assuming by 'pedal powerd' you mean some sort of mechanism to pump the water through the piping and to the faucet? If so, gravity seems to do the trick pretty well. Hang you water bladder/bucket higher than the sink and youre good to go.
Or did you mean 'pedal powered' as in surgical scrub sinks where controls are designed to avoid contaminating your hands?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 3:54:56 PM EDT
[#2]
The same people who make port-a-johns make them.
Try your Yellow Pages.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 4:26:10 PM EDT
[#3]
never heard of pedal powered sinks, but some of the portable propane water heaters come with a battery powered pump

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:15:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Some of these were in evidence at the St. Louis art fair this past weekend.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:20:35 PM EDT
[#5]
here's one option i found:  sink

and another
camp sink

but I think this (third one down) might be what you had on mind.  They set up something similar here near the porta-potties when we have events on the riverfront.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 9:02:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I think you're looking for the simple-to-rig diaphragm foot pump commonly used for marine (yacht) use for sinks &tc. Try West Marine or similar sites for foot-pumped H2O...
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:27:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
here's one option i found:  sink

and another
camp sink

but I think this (third one down) might be what you had on mind.  They set up something similar here near the porta-potties when we have events on the riverfront.

One like the "Camp Sink" you link is what I had in mind.  That pic it terrible, but it looks like a pretty smart set up if you were bugging out.  Or, if you were bugging in, I hope that you could take the faucet part of it & put it in your sink basin.  

THe problem w/ gravity fed is that you have to hang some heavy vessel of water up high & you have to use you hands to operate turn it on/off which leads to wasting water & spreading germs via the handle.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:38:38 PM EDT
[#8]
CTD used to sell an army surplus field hospital sink that packed away in its own metal crate. pretty trick piece of gear but as usual they priced it like it was gold plated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top