Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2014 8:34:15 AM EDT
I'm going on a camping trip soon and want to take an HT for some campsite operations.  My destination is Jacks river falls in Epworth GA.  Is there any repeater that might be within range?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:57:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:57:53 AM EDT
[#2]
You can check out www.repeaterbook.com or www.artscipub.com/repeaters to get listings for any area in the country.  I think repeaterbook allows you to search within a certain radius of a zip code as well.  It looks like there are quite a few 2m machines within 25 miles of there.  How many are in range for your HT I can't say.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:10:43 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the info. It looks like there are no repeaters in the county Fannin or in the Zipcode 305451. Doesn't look like there will be any operating happening on this trip.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:22:58 AM EDT
[#4]
If you have a smartphone you can download the RepeaterBook app, and it will grab your GPS location and find the nearest repeater. Pretty handy when you're on the road.

"Doesn't look like there will be any operating happening on this trip." That's why you need HF! There are never any dead spots!

Edited to add: Using the 25 mile Proximity search I found some that may or may not work for you:

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:48:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the heads up on the repeaterbook app.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:59:29 AM EDT
[#6]
thanks for the link to the repeaters I'll program those in and see if I can reach any of them.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 1:57:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
thanks for the info. It looks like there are no repeaters in the county Fannin or in the Zipcode 305451. Doesn't look like there will be any operating happening on this trip.
View Quote

Satellites work too
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 2:34:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I use one of the N9TAX roll up Slim Jims on my HT, in my AO it doubles the number of repeaters I can access. If you are handy you can build it yourself.

Can't get the link to work but here is the url:

http://www.2wayelectronix.com/Dual-band-2m-70cm-Slim-Jim-Antenna-with-16-rg-58-dual-slim-16.htm
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:18:09 PM EDT
[#9]
If you PM me the location I can use my RFinder account for you.

ETA. anywhere in n. Georgia should be able to get into the KC4AQS 146.805+ PL100 repeater
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:39:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I use one of the N9TAX roll up Slim Jims on my HT, in my AO it doubles the number of repeaters I can access. If you are handy you can build it yourself.

http://www.2wayelectronix.com/Dual-band-2m-70cm-Slim-Jim-Antenna-with-16-rg-58-dual-slim-16.htm
View Quote

Thanks for that link. I bought a roll up slim jim from N9TAX a few weeks ago and hope to use it on my upcoming camping trip.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 2:42:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thanks for that link. I bought a roll up slim jim from N9TAX a few weeks ago and hope to use it on my upcoming camping trip.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get yourself a Wrist Rocket, a few 10 oz fishing weights, a reel of 30lb test fishing line, and maybe a spool of construction line.  This will let you hang your antenna in a tree pretty easily.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top