Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/16/2011 10:51:48 AM EST
Ive been bow hunting for deer the last 3 years now. The local guns store is getting rid of the archery dept so i picked up a 2010 hoyt Turbohawk for 400 and my buddy got a 2009 superhawk for 250. Cant wait to get them set up and shoot them.

i was thinking of getting a 1 pin adjustable sight. not sure on rest yet. Any suggestion on rests and sights?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:31:11 AM EST
Tag to hear about 1 pin sites.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 2:04:21 PM EST
Awesome choice on a bow, I love my Hoyt!!!

As far as rests go, I would def recommend a drop away style. It all depends on what kind of arrows you are going to shoot really, find one that works well with the Fletchings on your arrows and run with it. For sights there are way to many to chose from, I am buying a G5 this year for my bow, I want more pins! I also thought about going with a one pin adjustable but, then I thought that when it came time to take the shot that I would not want to be dickin' with the adjustment. That is just one more thing you have to do when you bow hunt and there are just too many factors that can go wrong so why add another, just my 2 cents! I know the fixed pins can clutter up your view thru the peep sight but, I feel confident that I can get a good shot off up to 40 yrds! Go with a good light weight sight, spend the time to get it sighted in perfectly and the rest is all on you and your form and consistency! Good luck out there and enjoy your need toy! SD79
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 12:20:33 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/17/2011 12:20:48 PM EST by MagnusM4]
Hoyts are very good bows, I used to have a Trykon. I'm not a fan of 1 pin sights though, multiple pins is the way to go.
Top Top