Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 8:09:03 AM EDT
Is there and military field manuals or just any decent books on pistol marksmenship out there? I found thru my local library

Pistol Marksmanship Guide : The United States Army Marksmanship Unit, 1978

Is this a decent book or do you guys have any other suggestions?

I am also looking for a good source to buy new or used FM's  The .pdf's are great!!!! but I would like hard copys I am figuring taking my thumb drive to stables and having them print of a FM would be costly and it would be cheaper to buy the book.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:36:29 AM EDT
[#1]
As far as the handgun marksmanship is concerned I can't help but follow this link for FM's:

DOD Pubs
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:09:00 AM EDT
[#2]
It looks like I have to have an AKO to access this info...?  Am  correct in this assumption?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:40:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Do you want one for target shooting or practical shooting. Anything by Louis Awerbuck is good for practical stuff.

Nice handle by the way.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:53:31 AM EDT
[#4]
ha ha ya same to you on the handle, well It doesn't have to be a military field manual, but part of the intent of my post was to find a source where I can buy these so far I have amazon as a source.  I also check out FM's from the local library, but I want something that would help with practical shooting skills.
Link Posted: 11/18/2009 8:08:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Try the NRA or Calibre Press websites; both have numerous options, for starters.
Link Posted: 11/19/2009 12:13:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/3/2010 11:36:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Check out Andy Stanford's Surgical Speed Shooting: Practical Marksmanship for Combat

It's a solid look at the Mod-Iso stance and marksmanship and includes some shooting drills as well.
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 8:14:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, it is cheaper to buy the books than have some store print it.

There's LOTS of them out there. Anything by any of the respected trainers will do. Google Gabe Suarez, Andy Stanford, Jim Crews, Clint Smith, etc. Look around at the different offerings they have. Absorb it all, and use what works.
Link Posted: 1/31/2010 9:21:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Check out Andy Stanford's Surgical Speed Shooting: Practical Marksmanship for Combat

It's a solid look at the Mod-Iso stance and marksmanship and includes some shooting drills as well.

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top