Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2010 7:54:43 AM EST
Any good spots for night dock/shore fishing in the augusta ga area?
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 8:08:50 AM EST
Rae's creek.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 8:28:21 AM EST
How do I get access to it?
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 9:49:54 AM EST
I am kidding.

Rae's creek runs through the Augusta National Golf Club, home of the Masters. You would have easier access to the White house. I don't know about fishing there but there is a shooting range a few miles away, right near the river.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 1:41:37 PM EST
Originally Posted By reelserious:
I am kidding.

Rae's creek runs through the Augusta National Golf Club, home of the Masters. You would have easier access to the White house. I don't know about fishing there but there is a shooting range a few miles away, right near the river.

haha gotcha. yeah i dont know the area too well. which range is that? i went to one a few weeks ago in a store that sold pool tables as well.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 1:47:32 PM EST
Clarks Hill/Thurmond Lake on the GA/SC border in the Augusta/Edgefield SC area.

Also, as far as the shooting range goes, there is the Beaver Dam outdoor range in Sumter National Forest (in the Edgefield area. I did just read though on the Forest Service site that it is currently closed for maintenance though. It is a decent 100 yard range with benches, a 25 yard berm, and is self-policing (no range master).

Link Posted: 7/23/2010 1:50:03 PM EST
Originally Posted By NapeSticksToKids:
Originally Posted By reelserious:
I am kidding.

haha gotcha. yeah i dont know the area too well. which range is that? i went to one a few weeks ago in a store that sold pool tables as well.

The indoor place is Shooters. Pistol only.

Also, depending on what side of town you're on, on a Saturday or Sunday you could go to Pinetucky Gun Club off of Deans Bridge Road. It's a private club open to the public on weekends for a small range fee, and has pistol, rifle, skeet/trap and sporting clays ranges.

Pinetucky is located a few miles out Ft Gordon gate 5.
Top Top