Got this in the mail today

Nothing Earth Shattering, but lots of nice full color cards

You guys getting into HF should really get setup in the bureau

after a while, if they don't get an envelope from you, they'll throw them away

http://www.arrl.org/incoming-qsl-service
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 1:02:35 PM EDT
[#1]
That's great!  

The best thing about bureau cards is that they are always so unexpected.

ETA:  out of curiosity, how old are the contacts?
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 1:07:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Good question

2011 and 2012
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 3:44:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah the bureau makes JT65 look like a high speed data mode but it has its place. Out of the blue when you don't expect it an envelope shows up with cards from QSOs a year or more ago. The Old Guard tells me that was the primary way to QSL DX way back when. If you were a rich bastard you could afford to mail direct but it probably would get pilfered for the return postage cash along the way. (Some things don't change.)  

As Derek45 said, you new guys getting on HF do get set up with your call districts bureau. A few envelopes and 'forever' stamps and you're set. It's part of the 3 legged stool of QSLing. LoTW, bureau and direct.

As an aside I haven't gotten any cards in a few weeks. This week a batch did come in direct. St. Helena Is, Burkina Faso, and a band fill from the Polish St. Vincent DXpedition. The Burkina Faso card is a keeper. Photo of the DXpedition operating location with a Spiderbeam sitting just outside a mud hut.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 4:09:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I really need to start using the outgoing bureau for the cards I would like, but don't want to spend the money to get direct.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:04:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Good question

2011 and 2012
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good question

2011 and 2012

This.

I got 3 cards from the Bureau earlier today and sent them 3 SASEs in return.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:05:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I really need to start using the outgoing bureau for the cards I would like, but don't want to spend the money to get direct.
View Quote

IMO if you want a card badly enough go direct.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:25:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I already do go direct for the ones I am really after.  But for repeats of countries that would be just more interesting cards, I am thinking the bureau is how I want to approach it.  It beats what I am doing now, which is not sending one!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top