Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2010 3:41:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26]
The description says it's shotgun/muzzleloader scope. Not sure exactly what that means but could it also be used as a dangerous game scope?
Zeiss Shotgun Scope
if not, what would be a good scope for under $800 to top a winchester model 70 .416 rem mag?
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 6:24:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I use a Leupold VX3, 1.5X5X20 on my .375 H&H.

With the magnification, the size, and weight, it's an excellent choice for a dangerous game rifle.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By 50-140:
I use a Leupold VX3, 1.5X5X20 on my .375 H&H.

With the magnification, the size, and weight, it's an excellent choice for a dangerous game rifle.

x2

The Leupold 1.5 x 5  20mm is the default scope for dangerous game safari rifles.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:49:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Lots of good ones out there, to include Burris Black Diamon, Weaver 1.5-4.5x, Sightrons, Zeiss, etc.  I personally like the Zeiss myself - served me well in Namibia and is still doing yeoman's work on my PH's rifle (I gifted it to him.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top